Vehicle Showcase
$800 for a small gurney flap piece?

B0N35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963-1/2 Falcon HT
Hate to resurrect an old thread, but...

Does the non-handling pack spoiler have provisions to mount the Gurney flap?

I'm shopping new online and found a car without the package, but it's priced low enough that buying the components separately wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
"This unique wing offers an optional Gurney flap that can be bolted on to improve downforce. With the Gurney flap in place in a track configuration, the 2019 GT350 conjures up 53 pounds of front lift and 238 pounds of rear downforce at 120 mph. Put the car in a street configuration without the Gurney flap and those numbers change to 40 pounds of front lift and 135 pounds of rear downforce. The 2018 model created 64 pounds of front lift and 186 pounds of downforce."

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...stang-shelby-gt350-gets-a-grip-on-its-mission

....and more interesting detail....

https://fordauthority.com/2019/06/optional-shelby-gt350-gurney-flap-explained/

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
So... Is that a yes, the non-handling pack spoiler has the same provisions to mount the Gurney flap? :wink:
To my knowledge there is only one 'swing' that is shared between the GT350 and Base GT500. Both have the option to bolt on the factory Gurney Flap (which was part of the 'handling package' which included the camber plates and was dealer installed). However, I do see Anderson Composites offers an aftermarket CF Gurney Flap...

https://andersoncomposites.com/products/carbon-fiber-gurney-flap-for-2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hate to resurrect an old thread, but...

Does the non-handling pack spoiler have provisions to mount the Gurney flap?

I'm shopping new online and found a car without the package, but it's priced low enough that buying the components separately wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Yes.
- The swing has the four mounting points for a Gurney flap whether the swing comes on a handling package or not.
- The Anderson Composites swing also has four holes for a Gurney flap.
- I have not tried to mount the OEM Gurney on the AC swing, but it lines up.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Any idea on the part # for the longer screws to attach the gurney flap? I believe even the aftermarket carbon fiber one requires the longer screws.
Aftermarket CF (from Anderson) comes with one set. Long only. Or at least that was the case with mine. Also, they are longer and narrower than OEM (haven't measured them to determine how much).

Sponsored

TBLGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST and 22 GT500
Aftermarket CF (from Anderson) comes with one set. Long only. Or at least that was the case with mine. Also, they are longer and narrower than OEM (haven't measured them to determine how much).
reading the instructions on the site the screws that come with the Anderson gurney flap are to install on the Anderson spoiler. Otherwise says requires the longer oem T20 screws.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
reading the instructions on the site the screws that come with the Anderson gurney flap are to install on the Anderson spoiler. Otherwise says requires the longer oem T20 screws.
Just looked at their site. Looks to me like they used the Ford instructions for the AC Gurney. I have the AC spoiler (swing) and no instructions came with it. One set of screws came with it, which is what they describe on the Gurney.

Bottom line: AC Swing comes with one set of screws. They are longer than the fasteners meant for the OEM Gurney.

AC makes good products, but their communication and instructions on the Swing and Gurney have been poor at best.

TBLGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST and 22 GT500
Just looked at their site. Looks to me like they used the Ford instructions for the AC Gurney. I have the AC spoiler (swing) and no instructions came with it. One set of screws came with it, which is what they describe on the Gurney.

Bottom line: AC Swing comes with one set of screws. They are longer than the fasteners meant for the OEM Gurney.

AC makes good products, but their communication and instructions on the Swing and Gurney have been poor at best.
so sounds like I need to track down longer screws for the AC gurney to attach to oem swing. Anyway you can get me a length on the longer acres you got? Maybe I can match them up at a hardware store.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
so sounds like I need to track down longer screws for the AC gurney to attach to oem swing. Anyway you can get me a length on the longer acres you got? Maybe I can match them up at a hardware store.
No, sorry if I misled.
- If you have the longer version of the OEM screws, they should work for attaching the AC Gurney to the OEM Swing.
- The AC screws will NOT fit the OEM Swing.
- The AC screws are too narrow for the OEM Swing, no matter the length.