Sponsored

PICS of YOUR Remote Oil Cooler Location!

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
As title states, looking for remote oil cooler mounting locations for those of us with large FMICs taking up the obvious spot in front of a radiator.

Please post up your pictures if you have a mounting location that works when you have a FMIC - trying to get some ideas without a ton of time trail/error of mounting the oil cooler, putting front bumper cover and accessories on to see if things will fit, then having to take shit all back off again and re-route hosing...you get the idea.

Appreciate it, forum people!
Sponsored

Chris Woodard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Roush RS3, 2018 Eco, 2016 PP1 GT
I just got through mounting mine under the bumper support. The cooler was $90 off of Ebay and it seems to be well built. I upgraded to the Whipple oversized HE so I didn't have much room anywhere else. The factory oil cooler interfered with the coolant tank/pump.

Oil Cooler Front.JPG
Oil Cooler Pass side.JPG
Oil Cooler Driver side.JPG

OP
OP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
That is a damn good idea you executed.

Now I'll have to see if I can do the same, though I am using the more square-ish MMR oil cooler (pic below with kit), so I am thinking it may not fit in under the support without dropping below the bottom support where you've bolted the bracket to...
450475_.jpg

Chris Woodard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Roush RS3, 2018 Eco, 2016 PP1 GT
That is the exact cooler that was on my car when I first got it. The previous owner welded the lower flange of the cooler (with the inlet and outlet holes) to the factory black sheetmetal bracket that bolts between the lower frame tubes... and had it sandwiched between the A/C condenser and heat exchanger. I didn't like that it was unsupported at the top so I decided to go a slightly different route.

OP
OP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
I'm surprised more people don't have a remote oil cooler and forced induction setup requiring a front mounted intercooler with the amount of turbo and SC build threads I'm seeing here...

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I'm surprised more people don't have a remote oil cooler and forced induction setup requiring a front mounted intercooler with the amount of turbo and SC build threads I'm seeing here...
Bc it's normally not needed, I was around 800whp and the factory cooler did the job fine. Maybe someone who auto crosses may use one, but for drag racing you dont really need to change it
Sponsored