Sponsored

Pics of my 2016 CO GT with new P51 101RF Wheels

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I'm really starting to dig the design of these wheels. Too bad they don't come in bright or hyper silver as standard.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
are you saying you would put wider wheels and tires on the front of the car then??? wut.

staggered for life.
Like I said, at least 4-square.

There's wheel and tire choices for looks, and wheel and tire choices for performance in corners. With the nose-heavy balance of our cars, it actually would be best to have a slightly wider contact patch at the front, but a 4-square would be better than a staggered set-up.

PP cars (staggered) under-steer, and I'd want to avoid that if possible.

Those wheels are gorgeous, and look spectacular on your car.

I hesitate to ask, but can you share the cost?

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I'll never understand putting wider wheels & tires on the rear of a front-heavy car. Hell, Ford does that with the PP cars.

At worst it should be a 4-square set-up.

Still, the car looks gorgeous, there's no denying that.
Why wouldn't you? During weight transfer to the rear, and due to the fact the drive wheels are at the rear that's where traction is needed. Sure you'll benefit from some added traction in the front, but it most definitely doesn't need to be wider than the rears. Not to mention the rear tires are handling vertical and horizontal forces. The fronts are only handling horizontal forces, they don't have to also contend with vertical force from 400 WHP.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Why wouldn't you? During weight transfer to the rear, and due to the fact the drive wheels are at the rear that's where traction is needed. Sure you'll benefit from some added traction in the front, but it most definitely doesn't need to be wider than the rears. Not to mention the rear tires are handling vertical and horizontal forces. The fronts are only handling horizontal forces, they don't have to also contend with vertical force from 400 WHP.
The front contact patches deal with way more forces than the rears. Our cars can brake way harder than they accelerate. I've gotten something like 1.12G under max braking.

The fronts also (obviously) have to withstand horizontal forces, as do the rears, but there's more weight up front. So, for proper handling balance, a rear-biased stagger is terrible. Stupid. An under-steer inducing marketing mistake.

At a minimum, any Mustang package that has the word Track in it, should have a 4-square set-up. Especially because the suspension geometry on these cars is so damned good, that the handling (and braking) is finally on par with the acceleration.

One more thing;

This is a track.
maxresdefault.jpg

This is a "strip".
1IMG_3044.jpg

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Not bad. A bit too open for my taste but those would look great with some slotted rotors.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
well on a road course of course you don't run staggered...but going 45mph down the road on interstate speeds. staggered on american muscle!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
well on a road course of course you don't run staggered...but going 45mph down the road on interstate speeds. staggered on american muscle!
The beauty of the Mustang is it can be whatever you want it to be. It can be "American Muscle" if you'd like, and it can be a Sports Coupe/Grand Touring car if you want.

So, for me, I'd prefer the Performance Pack come with a 4-square set-up.

Of course Ford couldn't care less about what I think.:lol::lol:

OP
OP
HA8N3RO

HA8N3RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Mustang GT
The beauty of the Mustang is it can be whatever you want it to be. It can be "American Muscle" if you'd like, and it can be a Sports Coupe/Grand Touring car if you want.

So, for me, I'd prefer the Performance Pack come with a 4-square set-up.

Of course Ford couldn't care less about what I think.:lol::lol:
This is exactly why I chose this car. You can do what you want with it. It's why the mustang is the perfect platform for the car enthusiast. The car is my daily, I have a GT350 Intake Manifold, JLT CAI, LU47 injectors, and a catback with stock exhaust manifolds/cats. Do I track/drag the car, not often. Do I daily and enjoy the power when on a spirited drive? Yes! The question I think people should ask, whatever you decide to do with the car is, when you park the car and walk away, do you turn to take another look at it? If you don't, then you have the wrong car.

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
And....rear wheel drive doesn't play a factor in wider rear???

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Sponsored

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
im sold... i LOVE the wheels!

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
These appear to be another clone very similar to the SVE GT7 and MRR M600. Curious if they are priced closer to the less expensive GT7 or the more expensive M600?

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
I hate you sir, because that looks absolutely stunning and I'm jealous as F......