NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
De striped and de badged on the sides. I left the rear. I like the flow of it with the exhaust tips and Mustang in the front grill.

C88198DB-7E92-4651-884A-775D47D22BE3.jpeg
Do you have a front view photo also? Still debating removing my hood decal

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Do you have a front view photo also? Still debating removing my hood decal
I havent taken any other pics yet. Sorry. Crazy times as i am selling my house as well. Listed the day after i got my car. Also hoping to get the windows tinted if the weather holds. I will try to get some this week.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Here's a few of mine before they get put back on after PPF.

1672869637475.png

HzoPiZQtm606DKaa5r6_EGzZ8=w1152-h865-no?authuser=0.jpg

EsAisQRNTTujYWex_W_2l3Yu0=w1152-h865-no?authuser=0.jpg

7q0_dlf-1avpveDOv4VyYed8=w2048-h1537-no?authuser=0.jpg

UVzJi0oad5W_Y56kEHByNp8c=w2048-h1537-no?authuser=0.jpg
man, they replaced your cool M1 stripes with some weird white hexagon design all over the hood and even the windshield. gonna be hard to drive it like that.

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
man, they replaced your cool M1 stripes with some weird white hexagon design all over the hood and even the windshield. gonna be hard to drive it like that.
Did you buy new ones from Ford or go aftermarket? I want to take mine off my Grabber Blue Metallic and replace with what comes on yours. The red in the stripe, I think would look much better on GBM especially because my red brakes.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Did you buy new ones from Ford or go aftermarket? I want to take mine off my Grabber Blue Metallic and replace with what comes on yours. The red in the stripe, I think would look much better on GBM especially because my red brakes.
I kept mine on, just ppf'd around them on the hood. and under them on the sides.

should've done the whole damn car. I have a small rock chip on rear quarter in front of tire, and a big one on top of the decklid from a rock that went over the roof.

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I kept mine on, just ppf'd around them on the hood. and under them on the sides.

should've done the whole damn car. I have a small rock chip on rear quarter in front of tire, and a big one on top of the decklid from a rock that went over the roof.
I was thinking about doing the entire car but if I do, I am going to use matte film. I think the GBM in matte would look great???

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
I went aftermarket. Auto design has three different kits available. I'm on mobile, so look at my post history and I have them all linked.

EDIT: Okay here is the skinny on ALL the Auto Design Shop stripe kits. You really gotta pay attention to the kit and color selection, as well as the accent material:
  • The complete factory replacement kit (hood and rocker stripes) is available here. Note that at least on my kit, the hood stripe is shorter than the factory. See this picture.

• There's an 'over-the-top' stripe kit that, as you guessed, includes a hood, roof, and decklid stripe. This kit doesn't include the side/rocker stripes. You can see the kit here. I originally bought this kit without paying careful enough attention. It comes in every color but white (which my car and others come with from the factory), though instead of white, it lists 'silver frost'. Being that I wanted to keep the side stripes, I scratched that and ordered the kit above, opting to stay with the white (the above kit also comes in the silver frost option, as well as the red and blue).

• They offer just the side stripes, though not in every color combination. See it here.

• The last option that Auto Design Shop offers is simply just the hood stripe. That's here.
I was thinking about doing the entire car but if I do, I am going to use matte film. I think the GBM in matte would look great???
You'd lose the metallic properties of the GBM if you did matte. I don't agree with it but if you wanna, go for it!

I have a '23 Raptor on order in the Azure Grey Tri-Coat and as badly as I want to do satin PPF, I just can't stomach covering up what's special about the color!

Last edited:

Sponsored

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I don’t dis
I went aftermarket. Auto design has three different kits available. I'm on mobile, so look at my post history and I have them all linked.

EDIT: Okay here is the skinny on ALL the Auto Design Shop stripe kits. You really gotta pay attention to the kit and color selection, as well as the accent material:
  • The complete factory replacement kit (hood and rocker stripes) is available here. Note that at least on my kit, the hood stripe is shorter than the factory. See this picture.

• There's an 'over-the-top' stripe kit that, as you guessed, includes a hood, roof, and decklid stripe. This kit doesn't include the side/rocker stripes. You can see the kit here. I originally bought this kit without paying careful enough attention. It comes in every color but white (which my car and others come with from the factory), though instead of white, it lists 'silver frost'. Being that I wanted to keep the side stripes, I scratched that and ordered the kit above, opting to stay with the white (the above kit also comes in the silver frost option, as well as the red and blue).

• They offer just the side stripes, though not in every color combination. See it here.

• The last option that Auto Design Shop offers is simply just the hood stripe. That's here.
You'd lose the metallic properties of the GBM if you did matte. I don't agree with it but if you wanna, go for it!

I have a '23 Raptor on order in the Azure Grey Tri-Coat and as badly as I want to do satin PPF, I just can't stomach covering up what's special about the color!
I don’t disagree with your thoughts but in person you can only see the metallic if you look at about 2 inches away, even when it’s super sunny out. I have a very difficult time telling any difference between it and my previous grabber blue S197.

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
I don’t dis

I don’t disagree with your thoughts but in person you can only see the metallic if you look at about 2 inches away, even when it’s super sunny out. I have a very difficult time telling any difference between it and my previous grabber blue S197.
Never seen one in person so I could only guess at what would happen. Time shall tell!

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
I'm leaning toward removing just the hood stripe on my EG when it arrives. It covers up too much of the beautiful green paint. :)
I certainly understand that as I'm having that conversation with my self for my EG Mach 1. The car's shape is beautiful and doesn't need stripes to make it attractive. But I was around when the 69 and 70 cars were on the road and the blackout on the hood is an original element of it being a Mach 1. I'm leaning towards keeping it on...today. :)

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
The stripe delete on the the GT350 was a similar debate. The 350’s did not come with stripes…. They had to be ordered.
Each one of us has their own opinion as to what he/she thinks looks good.
In my opinion, the Mach1 & the GT350 without factory stripes look too much like a GT or Ecoboost. Nothing wrong with either, but you bought something different.
Stripe delete on the M1 & GT350 make no sense to me (OPINION).
Sponsored

Last edited: