Sponsored

Picking up my new 19 GT350R in orange fury! Couple questions I need your help with please.

Bigbel07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Belmin
Vehicle(s)
13 gt500 owner
Hi all,

Picking up my new 2019 orange fury R tomorrow. The car has not been touched and still has the shipping blocks in the suspension. Can I drive 15 miles (30mins) home with the suspension blocks? Do I need to jack the car up in order to remove the blocks or can they just be pulled out with the car on the ground? Also, once the shipping blocks are pulled out - does the magnaride need to be recalibrated? Thanks all for your help and can’t wait to be in my dream car!!

EBCE5673-A10C-4026-9CF4-AA8B89950106.jpeg

B207B8E8-3A8C-4FF8-8FC4-FA49EBA7FEB0.jpeg
Sponsored

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
You can drive it, it won't hurt anything and you should not have to have your suspension
reset. I once drove a new R home, 390 miles from the rail yard with no ill effects, the
shipping spacers were in.
You will need to take the weight off the wheels to get the spacers out.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You can drive it, it won't hurt anything and you should not have to have your suspension
reset. I once drove a new R home, 390 miles from the rail yard with no ill effects, the
shipping spacers were in.
You will need to take the weight off the wheels to get the spacers out.
That is correct. Just dont hit any pot holes or bumps.

If anyome remembers @treynor, his R had the shipping spacers installed for a long time. No ill effects IIRC.

I hope he and Christine are doing well.

Rose City R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie R code, 2020 GT350R, 1991 Mazda Miata SE
My idiot dealer left the blocks in place, which I did not discover until I took the wheels off to clean them. It definitely is a bouncier ride with the blocks, which I assumed was normal for a 350R. LOL.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If you feel that are competent (removing the blocks is easy) - I'd suggest having them remove them. Will make for a more enjoyable first experience with the car...and you're going to remove them anyway.

Sponsored

DaveJP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Congrats on the awesome ride...Ditto...driving the 15 miles will do no harm ..or just bring a low profile floor jack with you and jack up each corner to the point where enough compression is relieved, reach in and remove...really simple

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Yep... as above. I drive my 16R 132 miles home just to find the spacers still in on a close inspection at home.

The car will porpoise and bounce like heck and it will be much more pleasant after they’re out.

BTW... she’s absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Once they install the splitter, be gentle going into driveways at any angle or speed until you get a better feel for the way it handles. Always park a foot or two further back than you do in your daily driver, save the chin from damage on parking stops and curbs. No grinding rims to get close to the curb. May as well have the dealer remove them, why wouldn't you? It really does sit lower than older Mustangs and the nose is a little harder to judge at first.

When I was hunting for my GT350, I thought Orange Fury was a bit to garish a color, but it was beautiful in person and it looks awesome with stripes. If I had seen it in person, I'd have owned one.

In any color, a GT350 is going to attract attention of car lovers and the occasional ticket writer,lol. My neighborhood cop, followed me home every day the first two weeks he saw the car. My wife is not a car lover by any means and she is constantly surprised by the number of admirers the car gets when we are out and about.
Sponsored