Picking up my first brand new Mustang! UPDATE with pics

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Hi all. On Saturday I am flying to NC to pick up my first Mustang. A brand new 2020 GT Premium.

Is there anything I should be looking for/asking the dealer to have or do? I just got rid of a Ram, and this is my first Mustang. Any help/pointers would be appreciated

Its a 2020 GT Premium 6 speed with the Performance Pack
No front license plate.

Then:

Clear Bra / X-pel the hell out of it. Including in front of the rear tires. (~$2500)

Forged wheels (~4000)

Then, if you're adventurous, E85 tune.

Then STOP!
Sponsored

OP
OP
libtrucker

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP, 1995 F-250 XL
No front license plate.

Then:

Clear Bra / X-pel the hell out of it. Including in front of the rear tires. (~$2500)

Forged wheels (~4000)

Then, if you're adventurous, E85 tune.

Then STOP!
Chill bro....

OP
OP
libtrucker

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Depending on where you're picking up, you might want to make a detour to Tail of the Dragon area.
Unfortunately, I need to make this as quick as possible. From the East Coast of NC, to the S West Coast of FL

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Curious why you bought in N. Carolina. Plenty of big Ford dealers from Tampa south. What did you get?

Sponsored

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just scrambled to my phone to check the online ad.....no holes. Good point tho, I have actually havent seen the car in person yet. But I am preparing an e-mail to the dealer today and this will be in it. Thanks!

Email is not good enough.... call them an email. Make sure if you really dont want holes up front you tell them you wont buy the car with them.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Like mentioned Florida doesn’t need a front tag so make sure no holes in front bumper. You can add a Sto N Sho or similar plate holder if you ever end up needing one.

Check panel alignment. Some are pretty bad from the factory.

I always ask the dealer to not wash the car. Some dealers use low paid employees with dirty mitts making swirl marks in the paint or they use a auto car washes that use rags or cloths that spin or drag across the paint.

I bought my car from Maryland and drove it back to Florida. A lot of dealers have the paperwork on a flash drive so you might not see BS charges added to the final deal.

My sister just went thru this buying my niece a car out of state because the car they were in died on the way delivering it to to my niece. They didn’t have a computer to see what the final details were only to find out xtra things were added without seeing the paperwork and being handed a flash drive that she didn’t get to checkout in detail until she got home. She should of requested a print out but assumed the dealer was honest. Lesson learned.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Hi all. On Saturday I am flying to NC to pick up my first Mustang. A brand new 2020 GT Premium.

Is there anything I should be looking for/asking the dealer to have or do? I just got rid of a Ram, and this is my first Mustang. Any help/pointers would be appreciated

Its a 2020 GT Premium 6 speed with the Performance Pack
What dealer in NC?

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Get the window sticker ask if they can laminate it.
I asked for a extra key fob ( got 3 all together now ) that way if 1 goes bad I can program it myself, no dealer needed.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Definitely check the panels. I failed to and noticed them after getting my first brand new Mustang home.
Now I have to bring it back Monday.
Then I can FINALLY get PPF installed.

Congratulations.
20210308_124913.jpg
20210308_124854.jpg

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
What happened there?

OP
OP
libtrucker

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Curious why you bought in N. Carolina. Plenty of big Ford dealers from Tampa south. What did you get?
I got a heavily optioned 2020 leftover with a 6 spd, and Twister Orange. Which does not exist in the state of Florida

OP
OP
libtrucker

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Like mentioned Florida doesn’t need a front tag so make sure no holes in front bumper. You can add a Sto N Sho or similar plate holder if you ever end up needing one.

Check panel alignment. Some are pretty bad from the factory.

I always ask the dealer to not wash the car. Some dealers use low paid employees with dirty mitts making swirl marks in the paint or they use a auto car washes that use rags or cloths that spin or drag across the paint.

I bought my car from Maryland and drove it back to Florida. A lot of dealers have the paperwork on a flash drive so you might not see BS charges added to the final deal.

My sister just went thru this buying my niece a car out of state because the car they were in died on the way delivering it to to my niece. They didn’t have a computer to see what the final details were only to find out xtra things were added without seeing the paperwork and being handed a flash drive that she didn’t get to checkout in detail until she got home. She should of requested a print out but assumed the dealer was honest. Lesson learned.
I actually negotiated the price down to a round number. We went back and fourth for about a week. So It wont be a penny over our negotiated out the door price.

Thats how I roll, and it ALWAYS works out. Ya just have to be super stubborn

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Dam bro getting a new Stang on Mustang Day. Relish in it.

Welcome and congrats!
Sponsored