Picking up a Paxton. Last Minute Questions

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
So I decided to fork over the cash and pick up a used Paxton Kit (6k miles) for $4700 (comes everything the kit has plus a sai li fuel system, tial 50mm BOV, upgraded 450 lph pumps, 3.33, 3.6, and 3.8 pulleys).

I've been told everything looks good from the kit, except I'll be needing a new belt and spark plugs. I'll be picking up the spark plugs at O'reillys here in a bit.

I'll be needing a new belt since I'll be starting off with the 3.8 (he was running the 3.33). Does anyone know the part number? Is it just the one that originally comes with the kit? I have a stock harmonic balancer.

Is there anything else I'm missing or last minute things to check? I'm very excited but I want to make sure I play it safe and don't miss anything. Don't want to be blinded by all the anticipation...

Feel free to share opinions - if it's a good/bad deal, if I should start with 93 or e85, my car is still gonna be slow, etc...
Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Correct. The manual shows which hole you'd utilize for the idler depending on which pulley you are using on the blower.

Belt number is BR3E 6C301 LA, if you don't actually have a belt.

Follow the directions, the installation isn't difficult at all in my opinion. I recommend reading the directions fully first, as you may not want to do everything in the exact order that they are printed. Hardest part was lining up all the piping.. which wasn't that hard. Pay attention to the belt routing as you go to make sure it's correct.

Lund also tuned mine and the 3.6 pulley can be used with 93. Can't give any advice on E85 as I am not setup for it.

Enjoy it, the car will have a lot of power. I know my opinion probably isn't popular but the linear boost curve and invisibility of the blower when the car is driven softly are very nice. I can't get any traction in the first 3 gears, not sure I'd want all the torque of the roots. Car comes alive at 3,000 rpm and pulls hard all the way to 7500.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
E85 is good for 75/100hp depending on what fuel quality u have vs the e fuel quality. We run full time E. If I have it. Run it lol

OP
OP
aleccesarenriquez

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
You should be able to use that belt and just change the tensioner location.
Ok perfect. I’m still probably going to pick up a new though one since the old one is worn.

I looked up the part number suggested but I just want confirmation that this is the correct one. The details about the belt are a little ambiguous.

Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Enjoy it, the car will have a lot of power. I know my opinion probably isn't popular but the linear boost curve and invisibility of the blower when the car is driven softly are very nice. I can't get any traction in the first 3 gears, not sure I'd want all the torque of the roots. Car comes alive at 3,000 rpm and pulls hard all the way to 7500.
This is exactly why I will be going centrifugal.

OP, let us know any hiccups you encounter during install.

OP
OP
aleccesarenriquez

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I took the number right off the belt... unless there's another number I didn't see. It seems to be a good number.

Paxton parts list says 2A046-031, BELT, 6 RIB x 103.31 EFF. LENGTH.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vor-2a046031
Ok so that's a different belt than the first one. I'll call support tomorrow to see what they say.

This one looks right.

This is exactly why I will be going centrifugal.

OP, let us know any hiccups you encounter during install.
Unfortunately I won't be doing the install. I'd actually love to give it a shot but I live in an apartment (no garage or tools) and I can't have the car down too long as it is my daily.

Regardless, I'll update with any issues I have of course.
Sponsored