Sponsored

Picking her up today - 2019 GT

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Well the part didn’t come in today. Big mistake on their part because I started looking again and did a thing....

0515D1B5-C58C-4ECB-8C73-9D6D1721EB6F.jpeg
92F96B2F-8DE5-4767-A5EF-1667534F2017.jpeg
A284637E-54DD-48ED-872A-9D7F8774BBA7.jpeg

2018 1,300 miles 300a pp1 a10 w/ Corsa cat back. $34,000 out the door. Dude traded it in for a fully loaded one with digital dash. I’m saving a good chunk over new and some of that savings is being put back in. It’s getting roof painted ASAP and peeling off the tail light tint. Need to get a better look at the Roush and RTR hood vents. Any suggestions? Other options? It’s in Dallas flying up there maybe Sat morning. Not sure yet.
Nice!

Is the roof peeling or you’re just going to go black roof? Would AutoNation transfer it down here or do you just want to go up?

The fact it’s got the Corsa (Extreme?) helps too...Saves you a nice little chunk over buying it new.
Sponsored

OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Nice!

Is the roof peeling or you’re just going to go black roof? Would AutoNation transfer it down here or do you just want to go up?

The fact it’s got the Corsa (Extreme?) helps too...Saves you a nice little chunk over buying it new.
I had no idea about the transfer thing until a little bit ago when the Houston AutoNation called me and want me to come in there tomorrow. They said they would use a flat bed (after I complained that they couldn’t guarantee it wouldn’t be driven down by someone) and have it in town by middle of the coming week. The whole thing seems shady. The salesman in Dallas didn’t say anything about transfering it. Guess it means it won’t be his sale? I don’t know but it’s gonna save me most of a day and $200 so I’m def staying in town.

This whole car thing has been nuts. I already flew to Dallas a few weeks ago for a 2018 pp1 400a but flew home after the dealer was crappy and car felt like something was wrong. Wastes $400 but feel like I probably saved myself a long term headache.

No the roof is perfect I just think it looks 100x better black. The car is immaculate from the pics.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had no idea about the transfer thing until a little bit ago when the Houston AutoNation called me and want me to come in there tomorrow. They said they would use a flat bed (after I complained that they couldn’t guarantee it wouldn’t be driven down by someone) and have it in town by middle of the coming week. The whole thing seems shady. The salesman in Dallas didn’t say anything about transfering it. Guess it means it won’t be his sale? I don’t know but it’s gonna save me most of a day and $200 so I’m def staying in town.

This whole car thing has been nuts. I already flew to Dallas a few weeks ago for a 2018 pp1 400a but flew home after the dealer was crappy and car felt like something was wrong. Wastes $400 but feel like I probably saved myself a long term headache.

No the roof is perfect I just think it looks 100x better black. The car is immaculate from the pics.
Agreed on the black roof. Especially on the silver, red and white cars.

Yeah the Dallas salesman won’t get credit. But the transfer thing is good. When shopping for mine I told them what I wanted and they searched the entire system. Originally I was looking at 2018’s and they had one up in Dallas too that they were willing to trade one of their cars on the lot to that location in return for them sending that one down to Katy.

Car shopping is exhausting! I’m glad you’re getting close to finalizing something though. Being picky and particular isn’t bad. I told my guy off the bat I lol

AutoNation was super easy to work with. I told them I’d take my 19 at 40 out the door (sticker was 47 if I remember right) or 33 out the door for the 18 and I thought they’d tell me to get bent but they made the deal for either one so I bought the 19.

Good luck!

OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Agreed on the black roof. Especially on the silver, red and white cars.

Car shopping is exhausting! I’m glad you’re getting close to finalizing something though. Being picky and particular isn’t bad. I told my guy off the bat I lol

AutoNation was super easy to work with. I told them I’d take my 19 at 40 out the door (sticker was 47 if I remember right) or 33 out the door for the 18 and I thought they’d tell me to get bent but they made the deal for either one so I bought the 19.

Good luck!
Thanks man. I'm really excited to be finally done with all this. It has been a roller coaster for sure! Saving the money is making my wife very happy. It also allowed me to bargain with her to use some of the money I saved for the black roof, hood vents, rokblokz and maybe some Roush front bumper pocket inserts. Can't wait to hear the Corsa exhaust too. Hoping its the sport and not extreme. If extreme, I'll sell/trade for an active exhaust setup.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man. I'm really excited to be finally done with all this. It has been a roller coaster for sure! Saving the money is making my wife very happy. It also allowed me to bargain with her to use some of the money I saved for the black roof, hood vents, rokblokz and maybe some Roush front bumper pocket inserts. Can't wait to hear the Corsa exhaust too. Hoping its the sport and not extreme. If extreme, I'll sell/trade for an active exhaust setup.
If you get the Extreme's holler at me. I may take them off your hands.

Sponsored

OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
If you get the Extreme's holler at me. I may take them off your hands.
Absolutely, I'll give you first shot. I have a feeling the extremes are louder than I would want. They sounded much louder compared to the sports from clips I found on youtube. I'm hoping for the sports and that they'll be fine for daily driving.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely, I'll give you first shot. I have a feeling the extremes are louder than I would want. They sounded much louder compared to the sports from clips I found on youtube. I'm hoping for the sports and that they'll be fine for daily driving.
Cool - I appreciate it!

OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Done deal. Car should be here Wed or Thurs. Very ready to hear and drive it!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Are those black hood vents stock?
Look like the RTR hood vents.m but can’t tell for sure. I have some coming, will be installed this weekend. Will post pics.

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yes those are stock vents wrapped gloss black.
Thanks for the reply. Dang that looks good! I was not a fan of the new hood design and vents, but that look really ties it together nicely and lets you know they are there..

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Thanks for the reply. Dang that looks good! I was not a fan of the new hood design and vents, but that look really ties it together nicely and lets you know they are there..
Yeah they look great, but this was a mod i didn't plan on doing. I wanted to get the roof wrapped but the installer was confused and instead wrapped the hood black haha. Damn the car looked real ugly with black hood. :explode: The black hood looks great on red Camaros but it doesn't work well with the hood lines on 18+ S550. He offered to fix it for free since it was his mistake, i told him to remove the hood wrap completely except the hood vents. It worked out well in the end :wink:

Attached some pics
20180828_175111.jpg
20180828_213927.jpg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah they look great, but this was a mod i didn't plan on doing. I wanted to get the roof wrapped but the installer was confused and instead wrapped the hood black haha. Damn the car looked real ugly with black hood. :explode: The black hood looks great on red Camaros but it doesn't work well with the hood lines on 18+ S550. He offered to fix it for free since it was his mistake, i told him to remove the hood wrap completely except the hood vents. It worked out well in the end :wink:

Attached some pics
20180828_175111.jpg
20180828_213927.jpg
YEah, that looked nasty! There is a you tuber called "Stang mode" who wrapped his hood on his black 2018 matte black and it looked terrible in my opinion. He recently took it off as well. Not a lot of cars can pull off that look.

OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Turned out nice. Love the red. Growing to love the silver haha.
Sponsored