NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....I want to tune mine. However one dealer, where I did not buy the car, told me that anything with a tune is an automatic warranty void and they wouldn't even touch the car. The head tech said they can tell if you re-flash it back to stock too......
First, that's complete horseshit, and not the law.

Second, how the hell did this topic even come up? What person at the dealer said that? How did the head tech get involved in the conversation?

Anyways, just relax. You've had conversations with people that were meant to scare you, and they're obviously having their intended effect.
Sponsored

regular6g

Threads
Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine - I have a minuscule crack on mine. I noticed it a couple days after I picked my car up so I couldn't go after them for it.

On a side note - that piece collects dust like crazy. I cannot keep that mofo dust free for anything.
I didn't notice mine until 900 miles and three days after delivery. They still fixed it. You shouldn't have to 'go after' anyone, it's a manufacturers defect, Legal term is Latent defect. If your dealer won't help, ask for area rep. You have two others that had that issue right here, sure there are others. It's not a big deal, but you paid for a New Car, Ford Proud even, make them address it.

OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Got my X-Pipe installed yesterday, sounds amazing. I was on the fence initially but everyone told me to do it.. so glad I did. Everytime I drove the car before the XPipe install I always put the exhaust in track mode, now I can ride around in Normal and be happy.. track mode sounds even more beastly.
I did an x-pipe on my buddy's 2017 and it woke it up pretty good but still tame. I think my stock 2019 is actually louder. I'm thinking the h-pipe will give me just enough growl while still staying mostly stock and nice for day to day driving.

Look.......dealers have 0 interest in messing with your warranty. Warranty repair work is a huge part of a dealership's service department's financial health.
Also consider this. On this forum, I have read of exactly 0 times anyone's warranty claim has been denied. For any reason. And I've challenged people here on this point several times, and no one has ever provided a single concrete time that something like a tune, intake, exhaust mod, has ever caused a repair to not be covered under warranty.
My last 3 Mustangs have all been tuned. Each and every one got lots of warranty repair work done, and never was there even a question about tuning, intake, or anything of such nature.
That's nice and something I'll keep in mind but I'm just not going to chance it right now. I've been driving a 4-banger Kia and Honda Ridgeline truck for the last 5 years. This will be a major step up for me and plenty of fun stock. I can always get froggy down the line and throw a tune + e85. I'm just still a little gun shy bc of the 2018 motor issues and no room to have my warranty revoked.

Thanks for being a voice of reason. I get so tired of people talking about voided warranties. I also have had my last 3 cars tuned and never had an issue with warranty work. Of course, if someone has their car towed to a dealership with a rod hanging out of the block, there may be cause for investigating possible mods and declining that specific warranty claim. However, 99.9% of the time, there is simply no reason for a dealer to spend any time investigating whether or not your car had a tune.
Incidentally, when taking a tuned car to the dealer, it should be returned to stock first. The reason is that if they need to do a PCM reflash, it could screw up the tune.
True. But I just can't chance it. Again, I would love to mess with it. But that doesn't fit my needs. This is truly just going to be a really nice daily driver and a few date weekends with the wife.

Those panels pick up scratches super easy as well. Not hard to take off thought when you do swap the emblem. Congrats on the car. PP1 is definitely the way to go. You should join the Houston S550 FB group and come out to some of the cruises/events.
Thanks man.Have read a lot about how sensitive these panels are. Going to try to be really careful with it. I'm in the big s550 FB group but will check out the Houston one. Definitely down for some events. Nice to be back in the mustang community again after a 10+ yr hiatus.

I'm glad to see some feedback on this. I want to tune mine. However one dealer, where I did not buy the car, told me that anything with a tune is an automatic warranty void and they wouldn't even touch the car. The head tech said they can tell if you re-flash it back to stock too.
I never brought it up to the place where I bought it - but they're more mod friendly as they're a Roush dealer and have an aftermarket performance dept.
This place has a Roush on the floor. They might be mod friendly. I'll ask tonight for grins.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I subscribe to the "don't ask/don't tell" policy when it comes to tunes. The warranty is provided by Ford....not the dealer so it doesn't really matter what a service writer's opinion is. If we work with a reputable tuner, it is extremely unlikely that their tune will cause a catastrophic failure. Again, in the vast majority of warranty claims, there is no reason for anyone to investigate whether or not the car ever had a tune.

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had a car with a tune in the past, and had good results with getting warranty work performed.

But I am with notch, the 3rd gen engine issues have me worried. Last thing I need a dealer to say it my premature engine failure is due to an aftermarket tune. I will hold off until she’s proven herself and out of warranty.

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
First, that's complete horseshit, and not the law.

Second, how the hell did this topic even come up? What person at the dealer said that? How did the head tech get involved in the conversation?

Anyways, just relax. You've had conversations with people that were meant to scare you, and they're obviously having their intended effect.
Yeah I just nodded my head when he was talking about it. It came up when I took it in for the knocking noise it was making. They told me it was piston slap (it has since stopped for the most part so who knows what it really was) but I was talking to the lead tech there about it and the whole "bbq tick" craze. The convo dipped of into how great these cars are and the difference between them and the Fox Body's because that is all I owned (and one SN-95) before this car and how pretty much every performance mod on these is tune required. That's when he went on his spiel about tuning.

But I am not scared to drive the piss out of it and I will be adding a tune - I'm just glad to hear feedback from others who have tuned and didn't catch hell for it.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did an x-pipe on my buddy's 2017 and it woke it up pretty good but still tame. I think my stock 2019 is actually louder. I'm thinking the h-pipe will give me just enough growl while still staying mostly stock and nice for day to day driving.

That's nice and something I'll keep in mind but I'm just not going to chance it right now. I've been driving a 4-banger Kia and Honda Ridgeline truck for the last 5 years. This will be a major step up for me and plenty of fun stock. I can always get froggy down the line and throw a tune + e85. I'm just still a little gun shy bc of the 2018 motor issues and no room to have my warranty revoked.

True. But I just can't chance it. Again, I would love to mess with it. But that doesn't fit my needs. This is truly just going to be a really nice daily driver and a few date weekends with the wife.

Thanks man.Have read a lot about how sensitive these panels are. Going to try to be really careful with it. I'm in the big s550 FB group but will check out the Houston one. Definitely down for some events. Nice to be back in the mustang community again after a 10+ yr hiatus.

This place has a Roush on the floor. They might be mod friendly. I'll ask tonight for grins.
Yeah Joe Myers is def mod friendly. They used to, and still may, offer packages on cars where they've added superchargers.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't notice mine until 900 miles and three days after delivery. They still fixed it. You shouldn't have to 'go after' anyone, it's a manufacturers defect, Legal term is Latent defect. If your dealer won't help, ask for area rep. You have two others that had that issue right here, sure there are others. It's not a big deal, but you paid for a New Car, Ford Proud even, make them address it.
Ok cool...I will take it by there tomorrow since I will be out that way.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

I am aligned with your thinking when it comes to tunes. Unless you are going to race it in some way, the stock power is more than enough for the street. I have nothing against anyone getting it done for street driving, I just don't see the need for it personally. I can see it for the hobby side of things to personalize your car. That fits car ownership, not unlike making changes to your house. You just want it to be a reflection of your tastes. Happy motoring!

OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
UPDATE:

The new panel came in today and it is broken too. They ordered another one so it's a matter of having to wait until tomorrow OR pick it up tonight and bring it back another day to install new one.

So, my wife is kinda pissed bc that's 2 nights of plans (babysitting for kids) that got screwed up somewhat last minute. So, I called a different dealership that has the exact same car and told them to beat the deal. They came back at $500 under the other deal. Sooooo, I called my salesman and told him to at least match it as I would still prefer to deal with them. I'm waiting on a call back to confirm they will match the price or else it looks like I have a little further drive tonight/tomorrow to go get my car hahahaha.

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE:

The new panel came in today and it is broken too. They ordered another one so it's a matter of having to wait until tomorrow OR pick it up tonight and bring it back another day to install new one.

So, my wife is kinda pissed bc that's 2 nights of plans (babysitting for kids) that got screwed up somewhat last minute. So, I called a different dealership that has the exact same car and told them to beat the deal. They came back at $500 under the other deal. Sooooo, I called my salesman and told him to at least match it as I would still prefer to deal with them. I'm waiting on a call back to confirm they will match the price or else it looks like I have a little further drive tonight/tomorrow to go get my car hahahaha.
The plot thickens!

Back in 2010 when I bought my FX4 I stopped by JM first. Had a deal and drove the truck a week and they never called me to come complete the paperwork (we originally did the deal late on a Friday night) until later the following week where they wanted to change the terms of the deal. I pushed back and they held firm. So I made them go get my trade in off the lot and I took the FX4 back, with 800 miles on it, and told them I wouldn't come off our original deal. Took my old truck down to Mac Haik and had a deal done in half an hour. So JM can be a challenge at times.

If you haven't checked AutoNation out in Katy may I suggest calling them? That's who I did my deal with on my Mustang and they were great. They have a ton of Mustang inventory there too. I can send you the name of the guy I worked with if you'd like.

LFSoccer2k6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium Jet Gray HP
OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Salesman called back and said no. So I asked to actually speak to the sales manager and he ended up coming down the $500. Lots of misty rain tonight though and on a tight schedule so will get it tomorrow or Friday.

The plot thickens!

Back in 2010 when I bought my FX4 I stopped by JM first. Had a deal and drove the truck a week and they never called me to come complete the paperwork (we originally did the deal late on a Friday night) until later the following week where they wanted to change the terms of the deal. I pushed back and they held firm. So I made them go get my trade in off the lot and I took the FX4 back, with 800 miles on it, and told them I wouldn't come off our original deal. Took my old truck down to Mac Haik and had a deal done in half an hour. So JM can be a challenge at times.

If you haven't checked AutoNation out in Katy may I suggest calling them? That's who I did my deal with on my Mustang and they were great. They have a ton of Mustang inventory there too. I can send you the name of the guy I worked with if you'd like.
Hahaha those are the two I’m dealing with. AutoNation is def competitive. Made me feel good about my initial deal too considering I don’t think I would have gotten any more than $500 off right now. I’m getting better than Koons price so I’m happy.

Last edited:

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Autonation was who I was using to keep the dealer in Dickinson (McRee) honest.. definitely aggressive in their pricing! I may have gotten a bad apple but the dumbass I talked to gave me the whole "that car just sold, but I can offer you one advertised $3,500 more expensive" so I told them to go pound sand. They still send me emails and the car I initially asked about (no option GT Manual) is still on their website listed for sale. lmao

OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Well the part didn’t come in today. Big mistake on their part because I started looking again and did a thing....

0515D1B5-C58C-4ECB-8C73-9D6D1721EB6F.jpeg
92F96B2F-8DE5-4767-A5EF-1667534F2017.jpeg
A284637E-54DD-48ED-872A-9D7F8774BBA7.jpeg

2018 1,300 miles 300a pp1 a10 w/ Corsa cat back. $34,000 out the door. Dude traded it in for a fully loaded one with digital dash. I’m saving a good chunk over new and some of that savings is being put back in. It’s getting roof painted ASAP and peeling off the tail light tint. Need to get a better look at the Roush and RTR hood vents. Any suggestions? Other options? It’s in Dallas flying up there maybe Sat morning. Not sure yet.
Sponsored