Sponsored

Picked up my R and.....

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
The car is awesome. When pushed hard, it comes alive and I can feel a difference from my old track pack. High speed lane change maneuvers is where I noted a remarkable difference.

Couple of issues however.....rear bumper is par for the course. I can tell it will sag over time and one side is tucked in by the fender well. It is what is is. I'm not going to fret over it.
But a bigger issue...with regards to the steering wheel. I noticed when I had it straight up, the car would veer to the left. On smooth roads, it would track straight with no hands on the wheel, but the wheel appears to be turned slightly to the right? It's annoying because the red stripe stares at you and it's hard to ignore it not being at 12 o'clock. Does this sound like a factory steering wheel install mis step or an alignment issue?

I'll post pics of the car this weekend fully detailed.
Sponsored

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
The car is awesome. When pushed hard, it comes alive and I can feel a difference from my old track pack. High speed lane change maneuvers is where I noted a remarkable difference.

Couple of issues however.....rear bumper is par for the course. I can tell it will sag over time and one side is tucked in by the fender well. It is what is is. I'm not going to fret over it.
But a bigger issue...with regards to the steering wheel. I noticed when I had it straight up, the car would veer to the left. On smooth roads, it would track straight with no hands on the wheel, but the wheel appears to be turned slightly to the right? It's annoying because the red stripe stares at you and it's hard to ignore it not being at 12 o'clock. Does this sound like a factory steering wheel install mis step or an alignment issue?

It could be either. During my time as a Ford mechanic, I witnessed a few cars come straight off the truck and having crooked steering wheels. The alignment is probably ok, but they probably just didn't get the steering wheel perfectly centered when aligning the suspension.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Congrats on your pickup! Can't wait to see some pics!

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
My Zaino car show kit came today via FedEx. That's my Saturday plan, then taking a ton of pics

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Congrats man, been talking to your brother a bit. Glad you were able to get the car you wanted for a good deal! I'm in a similar situation and unfortunately had to trade in for a deposit on the R so i took the hit on trade (same offer you had actually) . Sadly now I'm beginning to think the deal isn't happening. :/

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Thank you. Sorry to hear. Hope things work out

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Drop dead gorgeous. Congrats!

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
one side is tucked in by the fender well. It is what is is. I'm not going to fret over it.
A 7mm socket and 30 seconds is all it takes to fix that. The bumper sag is a little more challenging, but definitely a DIY driveway fix.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
A 7mm socket and 30 seconds is all it takes to fix that. The bumper sag is a little more challenging, but definitely a DIY driveway fix.
Hmm...tell me more?

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Needs more tape!

Congrats man
LOL. It worked out pretty good. I haven't washed it yet but front impact areas look clean.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

congratulations!!!! And I envy you! I fly to FL to pick mine up on SATURDAY!!!!

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Congregations! She's a beauty. Best of luck with it.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Awesome. If you haven't already done the trip home, I'd throw some tape on the fender angle in front of the rear tires. It gets some significant abuse.
Sponsored