Sponsored

Photos from Deals Gap and the Tail of the dragon last week.

JSWM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT PP
Wife and I made a trip down to the smokies last week. The plan had originally been to spend a couple days on the dragon/cherahola and a few days on the southwest side of the park. So naturally all five days were spent sleeping in and on the dragon, which by the end of the trip it had been agreed it was better time spent :)

Lost track of how many runs we made but the trip computer had us at 870 miles from when we arrived till our departure. Met a lot of very cool people from all over the place, got to hang with Darryl (Killboy.com) which was fun. Did my best to follow his Cosworth FRS, which lasted a total of 12 seconds before he disappeared somewhere across the NC line :D

Overall it was an awesome week. Spent some much needed time getting acquainted with the car and can confidently say it is officially "broken in". Thoroughly impressed with how composed the car was. Had the opportunity to really push the car through it's paces (with in reasonable limits for a public road of course).
But more importantly, while she came close, the wife didn't hurl :thumbsup:.

Photo's are split into groups by photographers. My shots are towards the end.

129photos.com shots

Killboy.com shots

My shots

A nice ingot EB vert pulling off for a couple of Ducatti's

The "dragon store"

The "dragon" (made entirely of junk car parts and sheet metal)

Gate to the dragon store

And an over processed parting shot of the mountains on our way out :p.

Planning to get back down there before the snow starts falling and hopefully with a few suspension tweaks beforehand.

Would love to see a 6G group organized for sometime in the spring. I feel like atlantas550's has done it in the past but am unsure of any future events.
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i gotta do that. been trying to for years.

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Cool shots. I love that area. Any cool vids from the GoPro?

OP
OP
JSWM3

JSWM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT PP
i gotta do that. been trying to for years.
Same here. Seemed like I was either in between cars or going for a wedding everytime I was in the area. My only word of advice would be to make time to stay for a few days. Takes a day or so to learn start to finish and traffic can be hit or miss even on weekdays.

OP
OP
JSWM3

JSWM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT PP
Cool shots. I love that area. Any cool vids from the GoPro?
Pulled them off the GoPro last night. Was a bit hesitant to post being a public road and all. But if enough people are interested I'll go ahead and post some.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
as long as you aren't breaking the law on that road, which you shouldn't...i hear cops are everywhere, you're fine.

it's when idiots post proof of themselves being idiots on public roads racing or speeding is what's stupid lol. They're starting to bust people all over the country now for it.

OP
OP
JSWM3

JSWM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT PP
Exactly, while there were instances where I passed LEOs on bikes from both Blount and Graham counties while traveling in excess of the posted limits, not one gave me a second look. Etiquette is key. Keep it down on the straights, leave safe distance between the driver/motorcyclist ahead (90% will yield at the next pull off if you give them adequate stopping distance) but most importantly STICK TO YOUR LANE. Can't tell you how many kids in Miata's and riders trying to get a knee down cross the double yellow. All it takes is a RV or pickup with a trailer to cut wide around that bend and game over.

OP
OP
JSWM3

JSWM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT PP
This was one of the "cautious" runs as it was only our second or third that week. More slow in fast out to get a feel for the tarmac. It's hard to get an actual feel for for the speed we were traveling partly due to the mounting location. The wind noise certainly doesn't help either. Most of it was in 2nd/3rd with a few pops into 4th as an overdrive on the straight sections.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Cool pictures! We went up about 6-7 weeks ago with the local Atlanta S550 club and had a blast.

Here is one of my pictures.
image.jpg

NWs550

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
This was one of the "cautious" runs as it was only our second or third that week. More slow in fast out to get a feel for the tarmac. It's hard to get an actual feel for for the speed we were traveling partly due to the mounting location. The wind noise certainly doesn't help either. Most of it was in 2nd/3rd with a few pops into 4th as an overdrive on the straight sections.

"fast in, slow out"

Makes for a lot of fun. Nice vid.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JSWM3

JSWM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT PP
Cool pictures! We went up about 6-7 weeks ago with the local Atlanta S550 club and had a blast.

Here is one of my pictures.
Really dig that bra. How's fitment? Any issues with scuffing or scratching on the underside? Been really thinking about picking one up for our next trip in October.

OP
OP
JSWM3

JSWM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT PP
Made photo of the week on 129photos. Not sure how many cookies it's worth but a free poster is cool with me. Just hope they let me swap it for a pic without trash/leave debris on the lower grill :p