Photograph of the Month - December 2019. Guidelines in post #1

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
In this thread, you are encouraged to post a photo that you are proud of. It does not necessarily need to be high quality, one taken on your mobile/cell phone would be equally as welcome.

*** Viewers are encouraged to vote on photos by clicking the 'Like' button the contributors post.

You might want to vote on a photograph for its photographic technical brilliance, perhaps its location setting or maybe just because it portray something special about Mustang ownership.

The rules are simple: -

- *** Only one, single photograph to be submitted by a contributor in the given month.

- A Generation 6 Mustang should be in the photograph. It can be the full car or just a small part of it.

- No provocative images. Let the curves of the car body do the talking, not the curves of the person standing in front of the car.

- Feel free to describe why you like your photo, or any background story behind it.

- Viewers can register their approval by clicking the ‘LIKE’ button located at the bottom of the post.

- Viewers can vote on as many photos as they like.

- The photograph with the most ‘Likes’ wins. As a 'prize', the contest winner will get their photograph added to the rotation of header images at the top of the forum! (assuming you want that and provide permission)

- In the events of a tie, I will make a casting vote to decide the winner.

- I will start a new thread each month

Regards,
Chris
Sponsored

OP
OP
Friend of Dorothy

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
HERE IS A TIP

If some of you are looking for photographic tips to improve your work, may I suggest considering the use of the 'rule of thirds' when framing a photograph, or editing afterwards. It is useful for the vast majority of framing, although there are times when the rule should be broken.

This article explains it well:

https://www.photographytalk.com/rule-of-thirds

2015DIBGT

Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Yes; the roof was protected!!
This was a photo I’ve wanted to do for the last couple years and I finally got the opportunity to shoot it myself with my own car!!

EDIT!!!
Hi All!
My friends and I eating a late lunch a couple weekends ago and we had nothing going on so we decided to shoot my car that was already in storage. Luckily we were having some really warm weather in Wisconsin at the end of November. We went to where it is stored and prepped it to be shot! I shoot photos as a HOBBY and do not charge for my photos as of right now. I shoot with a Canon 6D Mark II and these were with a Canon 16-35 F2.8 lens. These were shot with one of my friends driving my car and me riding in the passenger seat of another vehicle. There is NO Photoshop in this photo! It is all natural lighting (bumped up in Lightroom a little bit).

So BOOM! I present you Santa's Sleigh if he had a Mustang.
Happy Holidays everyone!

87ECD893-F198-4AB0-B69E-43C15FD879DE.jpeg

Last edited:

Jakester

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Ecoboost Premium | Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Yes; the roof was protected!!
This was a photo I’ve wanted to do for the last couple years and I finally got the opportunity to shoot it myself with my own car!!
87ECD893-F198-4AB0-B69E-43C15FD879DE.jpeg
That is a beautiful shot! I want to do a shot like that so bad, how'd you go about doing this?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
upload_2019-10-25_16-25-24.png

2015DIBGT

Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
That is a beautiful shot! I want to do a shot like that so bad, how'd you go about doing this?
This is definitely not a “great” example of how to go about doing rolling shots but there are a couple different ways to go about doing them. This shot was done after sunset and required some touch up in post.

1. Purchase a Rig setup that mounts to the vehicle that holds the camera. Then you photoshop the arm/rig out of the photo. This is fairly expensive and very time consuming.

2. The cheaper way is to have a second vehicle driving along side. I shoot using Canon and there is a “TV” mode which is Shutter Priority. I’m not a fan of “noise” in photos so I set my ISO to 100. Then here’s the “confusing” part. Set your shutter speed to 1/2 of driving speed. So if you’re driving 80 mph, set your shutter to 1/40th of a second and start firing away.

Either route you go, the settings can stay the same initially but the rig setup allows you to go even slower for a shutter speed; 80mph, I.e. 1/10th or 1/8th of a second.

The setup for this shot was a Canon 6Dm2, 16-35 f2.8 USM III, Iso 100, 1/25th, and f2.8.

I would recommend a fast lens; something wide but not too wide. If you’re concerned about not staying steady, use something with IBS or a lens with IS.

Last edited:

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Progress

rollcage.jpg

Sponsored

Straightshot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 6 spd, PP1, 1970 Chevrolet Camaro 427ci. 5 spd. 1972 Chevrolet Nova, 454ci. 5 spd.
Shot on US129 “The Dragon,” Tennessee, in October :beer:

full.jpg
Reminds me of riding my Kawi ZX10 and finding a cop around the corner. Lol
Our Sheriff's all have unmarked Mustangs in about every color available.