Sponsored

Phoenix Ford Dealership Service For GT350?

asahione

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2018 BMW M2, 1996 BMW M3
Looking for which dealership in Phoenix to bring my 2019 GT350 for the shifter recall..
Sponsored

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
I've heard good things about Sanderson, it's also who we use for warranty repairs at work.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
I trusted Courtesy Ford in Scottsdale to work on my boss’s GT350R. No issues to report.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I trusted Courtesy Ford in Scottsdale to work on my boss’s GT350R. No issues to report.
There is none. Still some Courtesy dealerships in AZ but no Ford.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It’s Chapman Ford. My bad. Thanks for pointing that out.
I wouldn't recommend Chapman for service on a GT350.

I bought my GT from them and I'd give them a B in that area but you decide on the one time I took the car in for service:

I have a dashcam and it recorded pretty much the whole thing.

I only took it in because I was about to do some suspension mods and wanted to make sure the common clunk was not anything to worry about. Its similar to a loose u-joint, slack taken up when unloaded. I didn't want to have them blame the upcoming mods for the sound later if it turned out to be something to worry about.

On the plus side, they did not hot rod it when test driving although they almost went off the road watching Cardinal cheerleaders being filmed for a commercial at another dealer.

The only mod on the car was an MGW shifter and they complained bitterly about having to work on any car that had mods. They also said to each other but never to me that my synchros sound like they are failing. That was a few years ago and I can only imagine they were hearing normal sounds that the rubber mounted stock shifter muffle. They also commented to each other that I must do 5k launches at every stop because my tires were about worn out at over 10k miles.

They then proceeded to drain my diff and trans of new BG fluid. The diff so they could inspect the gears. God knows why they drained the trans but I suspect it was because they said they were suspicious about the fluid in the diff which they told me they were going to have tested. Why? Turns out they thought the diff clutches were bad (its a Torsen!) because the back wheels didn't turn the same way when they spun one. They were about to tear the diff apart when I asked them to check with Ford first. Ford told them its okay.

The other plus was they did show me the play at every point was very small and within published limits, which was really all I cared about.

The service manager told me the lead guy working on my car was their best tech.

If I drove a stock vehicle that wasn't performance oriented, I'd probably use them but not taking my Mustang back. Will go to Sanderson based on recommendations here and elsewhere.
Sponsored