Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Does Mr. Brock know how to buff paint too? I'm always amazed of the lack of awareness that people have about how scratches and swirls are induced in paint from the ONES that work on paint. Sure, Mr. Brock you can lay on the car and you can put your phone and other items on the paint.
Based on your post I suggest that you do not know who Pete Brock is along with his extensive knowledge and outstanding accomplishments over the last 6 1/2 decades.

Aside from his few years at Shelby American not many people are aware that Mr. Brock was the youngest designer to ever be hired by General Motors and if I recall that was way back in 1955.

After 65 years in the automotive business which includes owning his own race team and also developing his own design studio I would suggest that he just might know a thing or two about the painting process and is a living legend in the automotive world.

Can't wait for the final results of this HEP R as this is history in the making!

:sunglasses:
Sponsored

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
I hear you. I am about paint as well. Can’t wait to get it all done and cleaned up. I probably spend more time caring for paint than I do driving cars. Haha
I love the wider stripes. It's amazing you are getting him to do this. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I respect the $$ commitment you are putting in to do this the right way.

Reactions: CD3

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The logo on the door is perfect, much better than on the rear 1/4 of the fender. also >> GT350 <<<and G.T. 350.

Really stands out, the one on the frender is lost. Just look at the picture .

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Does Mr. Brock know how to buff paint too? I'm always amazed of the lack of awareness that people have about how scratches and swirls are induced in paint from the ONES that work on paint. Sure, Mr. Brock you can lay on the car and you can put your phone and other items on the paint.
The process involves sanding the existing clear on the whole panel, painting stripes, laying new clear on top of the entire panel. Care needed with contact of adjacent panels not being painted. Of course if the side stripes are also being painted, there may not be any panels that don't get sanding and re-cleared. LoL

Last edited:

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
The process involves sanding the existing clear on the whole panel, painting stripes, laying new clear on top of the entire panel. Care needed with contact of adjacent panels not being painted. Of course if the side stripes are also being painted, there may not be any panels that don't get sanding and re-cleared. LoL
That’s all fine, I get that. Aside from “Mr. Brock” being who he is, someone who brushes up against cars rubbing their belt buckles against the paint ( like the technician in the pic) laying items on the car regardless if the car is gonna be repainted, will most likely carry on those habits regardless of what work is being done on the car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
slingblade

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Side stripe basically mocked up. Looks like using the top stripe as it sits. Get rid of bottom one and just make a single wide stripe. Bolder more correct font and moved back on door. Obviously color won’t be painter tape blue. Car should go on full prep mode tomorrow as the glass should get pulled. Didn’t have to pull the glass the first go around, but to undo the previous work it has to happen this time.
2A96206C-2B59-4006-BBBC-937E14CBF585.jpeg

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Side stripe basically mocked up. Looks like using the top stripe as it sits. Get rid of bottom one and just make a single wide stripe. Bolder more correct font and moved back on door. Obviously color won’t be painter tape blue. Car should go on full prep mode tomorrow as the glass should get pulled. Didn’t have to pull the glass the first go around, but to undo the previous work it has to happen this time.
2A96206C-2B59-4006-BBBC-937E14CBF585.jpeg
Do you know when it will be done completely?

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Man that is so cool that Mr. Brock is taking a personal interest in your car. I have two signed by him Cobra posters hanging up in my den, and have admired his long career for some time. Since I first saw it in person at BJ last year, I too have thought the HEP had stripes a bit too narrow for its heritage pedigree. Looking forward to your end result!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That’s all fine, I get that. Aside from “Mr. Brock” being who he is, someone who brushes up against cars rubbing their belt buckles against the paint ( like the technician in the pic) laying items on the car regardless if the car is gonna be repainted, will most likely carry on those habits regardless of what work is being done on the car.
And that is exactly why Ted Sutton, Jim Marietta along with Pete Brock all reunited to form the "OVC" (Original Venice Crew) some ~6 years ago and chose this entity to take care of their paint and body work based on this firm not knowing what they are doing. :facepalm:

Suggest that you spend some time with the likes of Jim Marietta who was the mechanic and fabricator back in 1964-1965 for the original 1965 GT350's and you will immediately come away with a much different appreciation of how intelligent and experienced all of these individuals are.

In the mean time to suggest that Pete has no idea what he or the technician is doing with respect to how to deal with a 2020 HEP R and this paint job is very hard to comprehend.

:lipssealed:

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Car should go on full prep mode tomorrow as the glass should get pulled. Didn’t have to pull the glass the first go around, but to undo the previous work it has to happen this time.
Just Windshield, right? I looked at mine and I think they can access the old painted stripes at the back of the roof by removing the CHMSL.

Last edited:

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I see what you are saying in the manner of respecting ones property. Personally I don't care who you are, you set a phone and/or a notebook on my car, I'm going to tell you to remove it. If you have to lean on it, you better make sure it is not done in a manner that will scratch the paint. At end of the day its about respect.
I totally agree here. These guys should know better and be held to a higher standard. I don't care who you are, you don't lean on my car with belts, buttons and filthy clothes. Also it isn't a work surface to set a note pad on!

I don't understand why they of all people would get a pass.

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
And that is exactly why Ted Sutton, Jim Marietta along with Pete Brock all reunited to form the "OVC" (Original Venice Crew) some ~6 years ago and chose this entity to take care of their paint and body work based on this firm not knowing what they are doing. :facepalm:

Suggest that you spend some time with the likes of Jim Marietta who was the mechanic and fabricator back in 1964-1965 for the original 1965 GT350's and you will immediately come away with a much different appreciation of how intelligent and experienced all of these individuals are.

In the mean time to suggest that Pete has no idea what he or the technician is doing with respect to how to deal with a 2020 HEP R and this paint job is very hard to comprehend.

:lipssealed:
The pics posted speak for themselves. Your post has nothing to do with the topic I’m talking about. I don’t care if those gentleman shit gold turds, their lack of respect for the OP”s care is ridiculous.
Sponsored