Pparana

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Omg a notebook on your car! Lol

obviously ppl here have not seen the factory paint, comes with runs drips.and gravel pre installed.

FYI if your doing the sides the whole car will have to be painted in one form or another, So the whole car has to get sanded. This is like being mad at a carpenter for drawing a line on the wood to cut.
Sponsored

CD3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clancy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350, 2017 Tundra Pro
Well....if there is one person on the planet to do it Shelby style it’s Pete Brock. Aside from all of his work with Shelby on the GT350, 500, Dayton, Comp. Coupe, GT40 I don’t think a lot of ppl know he had an hand in the C2 Corvette working along side Bill Mitchell 🤷🏼‍♂️
Like it . This is what I did

B77D6806-9499-458D-A320-B07FC20D6F06.jpeg

A157C08B-DA16-4F86-9540-B7CBBFA81C71.jpeg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Can this thread please be just about the amazing thing unfolding here that we're lucky to have had shared with us?

@slingblade hey Troy that's awesome, closer than most of us ever get to somewhat of a Holy Grail moment and the significance obviously isn't lost on you. Enjoy!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Omg a notebook on your car! Lol

obviously ppl here have not seen the factory paint, comes with runs drips.and gravel pre installed.

FYI if your doing the sides the whole car will have to be painted in one form or another, So the whole car has to get sanded. This is like being mad at a carpenter for drawing a line on the wood to cut.
lol. Yeah... and obviously the Pc police are out in full force.

I find this To be strong R&D and I’m very sure the clear is ok.

Having Brock work on my car would be a dream. Thanks for keeping us updated slingblade.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
DARN IT! Every time I see an email notification about this thread I can't click on it fast enough in hopes of seeing more pics of the wider stripes!

Sponsored

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350

ARMRER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R/ 2006 Ford GT/ 1965 289 Cobra

I thought you might want to see Pete's '46 Ford with '54 Cad engine mated to a '37 La Salle trans. Way ahead of the curve (so to speak) even back then!

Pete's '46 01.jpg

Pete's '46 02.jpg

Pete's '46 03.jpg

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I thought you might want to see Pete's '46 Ford with '54 Cad engine mated to a '37 La Salle trans. Way ahead of the curve (so to speak) even back then!

Pete's '46 01.jpg

Pete's '46 02.jpg

Pete's '46 03.jpg
That was inspired by Briggs Cunningham. When i first interviewed Brock about the shelby stripes for Hot Rod Magazine, he said that he loved Cunningham and watched him race. He even painted his high school car with the same stripes as Cunningham’s racer to mimic his hero. But the rally stripes were almost unknown to the greater public back then, until the GT350. I remember him laughing when he said that Ford originally didn’t like the idea when they were looking for modifications that would make the car more race inspired. Ford thought “nobody would like to have a car that looked like a sunk”, but the stripes were cheaper than the body modifications that Brock had in mind and so Ford choose the stripes. Inspired by Cunningham’s racers, Brock had brought the rally stripes to a production car and the rest is history. You can’t take a drive nowadays without seeing some car whether it is a Ford, Dodge, Chevy or other make that has rally stripes running down its spine.

ARMRER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R/ 2006 Ford GT/ 1965 289 Cobra
You're right, Pete really did make history with those stripes, among his other graphic design work for SA. We haven't even touched on his car design skill. One of the best multi-role designers, ever.

I attended one of his lectures at Art Center in '89 or '90. The length and impact of his career knocked me flat. I wasn't alone in that opinion.

I hope the OP kisses his car nightly : D

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
You're right, Pete really did make history with those stripes, among his other graphic design work for SA. We haven't even touched on his car design skill. One of the best multi-role designers, ever.

I attended one of his lectures at Art Center in '89 or '90. The length and impact of his career knocked me flat. I wasn't alone in that opinion.

I hope the OP kisses his car nightly : D
Spoke to Peter. That was his high school car and he named it “the Fordillac”.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
OK, good thing he didn't work for Marketing : D
Lol. too be fair our cars are named 350 because it was three-hundred
and fifty steps between the two shops at Shelby’s LAX facility. Shelby American wasn’t big about names, they were all about Performance.
Sponsored