Sponsored

Jasonsynaptic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I just noticed a nice scratch on my front bumper vinyl stripe...my fault for not getting PPF sooner. But now, wondering if I should just get it painted at OVM (only a 6hr drive from SLC) rather than replace the vinyl panel?! What was the cost estimate @slingblade?

Sponsored

OP
OP
slingblade

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Wait, from the article...this is who did the actual painting..right? https://vipcollisionlv.com/auto-body-paint/
Yes. That is who paints the cars for OVC. Far as cost estimate you would have to talk to them. Mine is inaccurate due to work having to be undone. Getting the car right was more important than cost to me. And it is very right to me now. No regrets at all.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Pretty much same article. This one will be in the Shelby American Automobile Club summer issue.
94E78C06-1079-492F-AD1A-73C47E9E9C98.jpeg
8D97AFC4-0967-49F3-83E7-1CC42E9188D8.jpeg
Troy, what a terrific journey and great story of working with an outstanding body/paint shop on this once in a lifetime project.

Of course the most important aspect of your very cool journey would be the opportunity to work with a living legend namely Peter Brock and the legendary 2020 Shelby GT350 that Ford has done such an outstanding job of developing over the last 6 model years.

I would suggest that the 2020 HEP GT350/R's will be the very end of the GT350 era as we presently know it and have known it for some ~56 years and could not think of a better way to go out in style other than with the help, support, direction and mentoring of Mr. Brock regarding the painted Guardsman Blue OTT and side stripe initiative.

It doesn't get any better than that and thanks for sharing your very cool journey with all of us fellow Shelby GT350/R enthusiasts!!! :clap::clap:

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Came out so good. Excellent work and thanks for documenting everything

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
Loved reading all this. Car looks great. And yes, not sure why Ford didn't remove the GT350 fender badging when they added the side stripes. The car looks like I added them to be cool. Not sure Ford put a lot of thought into this like Mr. Brock did. Ford blew it by not hiring Mr. Brock to make something special and getting it right, and where it would have linked our cars to original. Oh well, people still rave about the car--as do I.

ARMRER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R/ 2006 Ford GT/ 1965 289 Cobra
Loved reading all this. Car looks great. And yes, not sure why Ford didn't remove the GT350 fender badging when they added the side stripes. The car looks like I added them to be cool. Not sure Ford put a lot of thought into this like Mr. Brock did. Ford blew it by not hiring Mr. Brock to make something special and getting it right, and where it would have linked our cars to original. Oh well, people still rave about the car--as do I.
100% agree. Bright side for the OP is, there is only one (right now) in captivity, along with the personal Pete Brock touch.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I realize your frustration with respect to not getting Peter Brock involved with the GT350/R Heritage Edition Package cars but to suggest that Ford blew it by not hiring or consulting with Mr. Brock which resulted in Ford not getting these HEP cars right and these cars not being something special without the advice and direction of Peter Brock does not sit well with me.

Not sure how much you may know about how the 2020 Heritage Edition Package (97Q) was conceived along with the timing of this last minute $1965 option but can you that it all happened very quickly with the official Ford Media Center launch not coming until Thursday, December 19th, 2019.

If it were not for Bill Ford (who happens to own the very first 2015 R model chassis # F0001) requesting the very last 2020 R model which came without much if any notice and also wanting it very unique compared to any other 2020 R this package would never have existed.

Thanks to some very quick outside of the box thinking a key Ford individual came up with a last minute idea that Dearborn might approve a variant of Bill Ford's special request which included Wimbledon White paint, Guardsman Blue OTT and lower side panel painted stripes, Blue seat bolsters, Blue seat inserts, painted Blue brake calipers and a unique Blue chassis plate.

The HEP initiative was a very last minute deal and involved a great deal of the Dearborn senior management from an approval standpoint and was also subject to being able to purchase key parts and components at the last minute for these cars such as all Black R model seats, Blue badging, Blue chassis plates, Guardsman Blue vinyl OTT stripes and of course Wimbledon White paint.

Based on my conversations and understanding of how late into the production year that this package was conceived, ultimately approved and then launched I am somewhat surprized that Ford was able to pull it off at all and am so very thankful that they accomplished as much as they did in a very short period of time.

:clap:
Sponsored

Last edited: