HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Beautiful!! I would definitely love to put the painted OTT stripes on my HEP R at the least.
As Yoda would say: there is no love, only do.

Do it!
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I was thinking about this thread last night. What I liked, what I didn't and the absolutely incredible experience it must have been to work with a racing legend. Then it hit me.

How about going one step further and replicating the side-exit exhausts from the original? Potential downsides are the holes left in the rear lower valence and a potential change in the amazing sound the GT350 makes now...

But...you could do some of those Zoomie electronic cut-outs to have both. If you like the look you have created from the side, this could be another step toward honoring the original.

Bigger painted OTT striped are so baller.
Hmm. I'll bet the Ford Performance M-5220-M8 setup would work, if one were so inclined....

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Looks great. Any profile shots?

OP
OP
slingblade

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
3D3A9AF2-0F92-4F2F-B293-B7402B0BC7D3.jpeg
All framed up. Will go in my garage once the new house in Arizona gets built. Car is currently in for PPF, window tint, and ceramic coating. Have some photo shoots scheduled for end of March and early April. So hopefully some better pics than what my phone does soon.

Sponsored

mjhpadi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350 Heritage Edition
I have been following this thread with a ton of interest. I want to preface this by stating the main reason I got the HE was because those sides stripes on the '65 up have always been my favorite stripes on Shelby's. So when the first mock up up the redesign sides were posted I was a bit let down.
However, the final finished stripes are terrific! The OTT redesign is the Bomb!
So you should be very proud of the time, effort, and expense that makes your R one of one. It came out great! Congrats and thanks for sharing!
BTW, LOVE your license! I am anxiously awaiting my PA ((THXCSKM).

ARMRER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R/ 2006 Ford GT/ 1965 289 Cobra
3D3A9AF2-0F92-4F2F-B293-B7402B0BC7D3.jpeg
All framed up. Will go in my garage once the new house in Arizona gets built. Car is currently in for PPF, window tint, and ceramic coating. Have some photo shoots scheduled for end of March and early April. So hopefully some better pics than what my phone does soon.

Yeah? Where in Arizona? I'm in Tucson.

OP
OP
slingblade

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Yeah? Where in Arizona? I'm in Tucson.
Lovely Yuma, AZ. Actually not a bad spot. Close enough still to San Diego without actually living in California. This will be my last assignment before I retire from the Marine Corps. 4 years flying the C-12 (Beechcraft King Air). Should set me up well for follow on career aspirations.

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Peter Brock is one fantastic man to talk too. He shows up at Celebrity Cars and Coffee every so often here in Vegas/Henderson. Last Saturday he parked his Daytona right next to where i always park with two of my good friends (Cobra and a Shelby) They like me so I get to park my GT/CS next to theirs!!!1 WEll, Peter came right over and we had an extra folding chair and he sat and talked with us for over an hour. Such a great man and for his age, very spry! I'm trying to load pics of his Daytona that I took.

ARMRER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R/ 2006 Ford GT/ 1965 289 Cobra
Lovely Yuma, AZ. Actually not a bad spot. Close enough still to San Diego without actually living in California. This will be my last assignment before I retire from the Marine Corps. 4 years flying the C-12 (Beechcraft King Air). Should set me up well for follow on career aspirations.
I copy, Kali close but you still have liberty in AZ. Hwy 8 is a nice place to stretch the legs on your HE. Fantastic job on the car, Devil Dog : D

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
nice...I flew king airs on the civilian side for 10 years and almost 4,000 hours, but Iā€™m currently hopping around the country in BeechJets and the like.

unless you already have a grand exit plan (like the airlines) drop me a line and I may be able to point you in some directions :wink:

and in the interest of the thread...I am subscribing for the photo shoot results!

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I'm having issues getting these pics from my phone onto my computer and then here to post.
These were taken last Sat. at Celebrity Cars & Coffee in Vegas
Peter Brock's Daytona!!

Attachments

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
He talked with us about his rear end design that Carrol Shelby didn't like.
That's Peter up in the top right corner, the sun was getting bright and right into his eyes, I said "Pete, you better get your sunglasses out of your car", which he did right after I took this pic!

Attachments

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The pics posted speak for themselves. Your post has nothing to do with the topic Iā€™m talking about. I donā€™t care if those gentleman shit gold turds, their lack of respect for the OPā€s care is ridiculous.
I don't see anything in those pics that I haven't touched my car in the same way and I do take care when I touch my car and I'm sure they did too!
You sound too much like a troll.
Sponsored