Sponsored

Permanently disable colored mood lights in door handle recess and foot wells.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
This is exactly what I'm doing. Reverse engineering ............. :crackup: My way! Who ever buys the car down the road can turn on and or, plug in all the lights I've disabled. Mean while, spring being just around the corner, I'm already scouting my next incursion of the AZ badlands. :handsinair::rockon:
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Bottom line is you get what you get. Bitching about what comes in what package is pointless. If you buy a package for a specific feature but do not like another feature in that package, turn it off, remove it or ignore it. Either that or go buy a custom car in which you can tell the manufacturer exactly what you want or do not want. Remember you're talking about a Ford not a Rolls Royce.
Understood.

Just that the 'equipment package' concept has been taken a bit too far.

In its ultimate form . . . well, ol' Henry himself has at least been credited with saying it best "any color you want so long as it’s black "

Norm

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Understood.

Just that the 'equipment package' concept has been taken a bit too far.

Norm
If you mean in general maybe but not as far as the Mustang is concerned. Check this out.

Mustang (not including Special Editions/Shelby’s)
Models - 2
GT
Ecoboost

Styles - 2
Coupe Convertible

Versions - 2
Base
Premium

Equipment Groups - 4 (1 per version)
101A
201A
301A
401A

Additional Packages - 11

2.3L HHP - Ecoboost Only
EB Handling - EB Only
Pony Package - EB-P Only
Wheel & Stripe - EB Only
Black Accent - GT/EB
Enhanced Security - GT/EB
Safe & Smart - GT/EB
Carbon Sport - EB-P & GT-P Only
GT Performance Pack 1 - GT Only
GT Performance Pack 2 - GT Only
California Special - GT-P Only

Stand Alone Options - 6
Active Exhaust - GT/EB All
Engine Block Heater GT/EB
MagneRide EB Base Requires 101A
Mini Spare - GT/EB All (Except PP1 & PP2)
Navigation - GT/EB All
B&O Speakers GT-P/EB-P only

One equipment group and a handful of other performance/cosmetic option per style/version. In this day and age that's not a lot at all.

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
One of the nicest most discreet interior lights I saw was in the GMC Acadia circa 2013. A super dim red/amber led in the overhead console shining down on the center console area. It was embedded so unless you looked directly up you couldn't see it and so dim that only at night out of town did you realize that everything in the center console was slightly lit by a glow, took a few minutes to actually find the led.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
C6 Corvette had that in the coupe.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Tomorrow the LED in the interior door recess will go away along with the puddle lights.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
on-coming headlights, and bold brake lights affect my night vision more than anything else. I ordered the 400a to get the upgraded interior. I really like the ambient lighting. Especially the puddle lights and door sill. What I wasn't too interested in was the digital inst. cluster that lights up like a pin ball machine. I felt it was more designed for a younger set. Kids like the constant motion of the led tach/speedo displayed in vibrant rays and streaks. I guess on the other end of the spectrum performance oriented dudes want the bare necessities along with a non-distractive night driving interior so as not to interfere with nightime racing? Surprising that OP wants the basics but was adamant about having heated/cooled seats.

might have to reconnect everything prior to trade-in time. May have difficulty in convincing dealer your reason's for cutting wiring or disabling various lighting, probably not a concern though.

As a kid I finally got the Yamaha HT1 Enduro I always wanted. It came with lights, side stand, muffler, close fitting front fender, horn and some other stuff. After a short time of ownership. I had decided all the above mentioned stuff was not kool, and was most likely the cause of getting roosted by others on the neighborhood racetrack. My dad was beside himself, saying WTF did you buy a new motorcycle and then take off all those parts? I felt really dumb at the time with the flimsy excuse that all those parts were slowing me down. He added oh I see, guess you are a pro now.

to each his own. We all have our reason's and wants. I am glad OP has found his answer to disabling his lights.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
And all will be right in the world.

Sorry Mike, I had too. It’s been a long day. :cwl::crackup::like::fistbump:
:wink: Without a doubt. Tired of cleaning up my adult children's messes. Were it not for the grand children sake, they could all go live under a bridge.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
If you mean in general maybe but not as far as the Mustang is concerned. Check this out.

Mustang (not including Special Editions/Shelby’s)

Versions - 2
Base
Premium

Equipment Groups - 4 (1 per version)
101A
201A
301A
401A

One equipment group and a handful of other performance/cosmetic option per style/version. In this day and age that's not a lot at all.
For the most part, yeah.

But there is at least one package that requires all the cosmetic stuff whether you want it or not, and that's the PP2 requiring an 01A equipment group. To me, the equipment group's 'gingerbread' would be more appropriate as a requirement for the less-serious PP1 package and optional for the PP2 instead of the other way around like it is.

There may be other paths to where you're 'stuck with' all the extra Premium or '01A stuff, I don't know.

Norm

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
For the most part, yeah.

But there is at least one package that requires all the cosmetic stuff whether you want it or not, and that's the PP2 requiring an 01A equipment group. To me, the equipment group's 'gingerbread' would be more appropriate as a requirement for the less-serious PP1 package and optional for the PP2 instead of the other way around like it is.

There may be other paths to where you're 'stuck with' all the extra Premium or '01A stuff, I don't know.

Norm
Actually it's not the PP2 that requires the 301A, it's MagneRide which is included with the PP2. I'm guessing MagneRide needs the drive modes which is a feature of the 301A.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
My Color & ambient lighting are a waste of money on Ford's part. They're tacky and gimmicky. I'd rather have hood struts.
my 2020 Shelby has a factory hood strut.... just 1, but it has it!!

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
They all do. I believe he was referring to the twin gas strut kits.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Interesting. Until Ford allows me to use my Z code, I won't own one. :wink:
Sponsored