Sponsored

Permanently disable colored mood lights in door handle recess and foot wells.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I like the MyColor feature. I have mine set to red. Red light at low levels does not hurt night vision.
It doesn't hurt it as bad as other colors. It still hurts it.
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
It doesn't hurt it as bad as other colors. It still hurts it.
Only a very little. Red light is seen by the cones in the eye and only causes minimal depletion of the chemical that enhances the rods night vision sensitivity. I get way more light from the dash and screen, even turned down, than a little red in the foot wells or handles.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Only a very little. Red light is seen by the cones in the eye and only causes minimal depletion of the chemical that enhances the rods night vision sensitivity. I get way more light from the dash and screen, even turned down, than a little red in the foot wells or handles.
Maybe it does only affect vision a little. That's not the real issue. The thing is, it's completely unnecessary from a functional perspective . . . which should really take priority unless perhaps the car is parked at an evening car show.

I remember when I was dealing with the sales guy for my '08 how he kept going on and on about 'MyColor' like it was something that everybody couldn't help but like. In nearly a dozen years I still haven't even tried it out. It's that unappealing to me.

Norm

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I turn everything off/down as possible.

Then there was SAAB, with only the speedo lit at night. Red dash lights and marketing their cars as fighter jets for the road.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I like the MyColor feature. I have mine set to red. Red light at low levels does not hurt night vision.
This is true. Sadly, mine kept reverting to the default bright blue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
If MyColor is such a great idea, why has Ford installed it on the PIU's ?

Because it is simply a marketing gimmick. One that IMHO screams RICE !

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
With the nGauge and large sync screen, my feet lights are the least of my worries with night driving.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
If MyColor is such a great idea, why has Ford installed it on the PIU's ?

I don't really see what correlation you're trying to make?
Maybe because it's in most of their cars and is more expensive to delete than leave in? Aren't most auto makers decisions based on bottom line?

Because it is simply a marketing gimmick. One that IMHO screams RICE !

A lot of crap on our cars are marketing gimmicks. I don't know about how RICE it is but maybe you should mention it to Mercedes, BMW, Audi and Porsche as they all have it too. Some I understand can even put on a light show...
If you want it off I hope you're able to figure out how to do what you want.
Good Luck.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
With the nGauge and large sync screen, my feet lights are the least of my worries with night driving.
You know that Sync screen has a night mode, right? And it dims with the rest of the interior lighting.

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Has anyone figured out a way on premium interiors to disable the drivers seat moving back and forth every time you get in/ get out of the car? Thats money right there.

Sponsored

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
You know that Sync screen has a night mode, right? And it dims with the rest of the interior lighting.
not with apple car play, it’s blindingly bright. I have to turn it off every time it’s dark to be able to see.

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Where do I go from here? Lol
1610457639092.jpeg
Much easier than that..

Easy Entry and Exit Feature If you enable the easy entry and exit feature, it automatically moves the driver seat position rearward up to 2 in (5 cm) when you switch the ignition off. The driver seat returns to the previous position when you switch the ignition on. You can enable or disable this feature through the information display. See Information Displays (page 88).

9C8451BF-BC9A-4301-9175-F9D8DB22D650.jpeg

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Much easier than that..

Easy Entry and Exit Feature If you enable the easy entry and exit feature, it automatically moves the driver seat position rearward up to 2 in (5 cm) when you switch the ignition off. The driver seat returns to the previous position when you switch the ignition on. You can enable or disable this feature through the information display. See Information Displays (page 88).

9C8451BF-BC9A-4301-9175-F9D8DB22D650.jpeg
I just tried it went to clicked on vehicle then saw the checkmark unchecked it now it doesn’t do it anymore! Damn can’t believe how annoying that thing was! Thanks a bunch dude you da real mvp!
Sponsored