Sponsored

Permanently disable colored mood lights in door handle recess and foot wells.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
I've unchecked every damn box in the menu. Damn lights still come back on by default on startup. Thinking the issue is my car is a 2021 by build date as far as the electronics are concerned. That is why the 2020 PPII won't upload to the car. Different PCM. So, Monday, it goes back to Ford Performance. Needless to say, I'm pissed.
Something is wrong then. It's supposed to remember the ambient light settings once you set it. Mine always picks up whatever I've set it to last, including color, high, low, or off.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Something is wrong then. It's supposed to remember the ambient light settings once you set it. Mine always picks up whatever I've set it to last, including color, high, low, or off.
I fixed the issue thanks to a tip from another poster.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
They create issues with my night vision.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have lights in the cup holder in my Fiesta ST that are always on that are annoying as well. How dumb to have lights inside a car always on for something so superfluous! Of course my wife got in the car and first thing she said was, "cool lights! I love them!" Aarghh! 🤬

This thread reminds me I need to do something about them.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
The word 'tacky' comes to my mind . . . sort of like "underglow" except inside the car instead of under it.

Norm
This! There is a reason Ford allows the owner to turn the damn things off. Which, IMHO should be the default mode.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Some people like "My Color." Others don't. At night I want the interior as dark as I can get it. All those mood lights affect one's night vision while driving. They cause the pupils to contract. That affects the drivers depth perception. One of the main reasons "dark mode" is enabled from the factory on the Ford PIU's.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Some people like "My Color." Others don't. At night I want the interior as dark as I can get it. All those mood lights affect one's night vision while driving. They cause the pupils to contract. That affects the drivers depth perception. One of the main reasons "dark mode" is enabled from the factory on the Ford PIU's.
This ^^^

It's one thing to have some illumination from the instrument panel and other controls. But that illumination is at least provided with the means to dial down the brightness, even for important information.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
My Color & ambient lighting are a waste of money on Ford's part. They're tacky and gimmicky. I'd rather have hood struts.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

This ^^^

It's one thing to have some illumination from the instrument panel and other controls. But that illumination is at least provided with the means to dial down the brightness, even for important information.
These;

Your eyes cannot function properly at night, when they're being blasted with light from inside the car. You want your pupils wiiiide open to see as best as possible in the dark.

When you're interior is bright, that doesn't happen.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I like the MyColor feature. I have mine set to red. Red light at low levels does not hurt night vision.
Sponsored