Sponsored

Performance Pack remorse?

Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in-between
Can one tune a GT's suspension better than Ford's Performance Pack for way less money? If so, shows us your parts wish list!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
For me the selling point of the PP was the brakes and gears not the suspension

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The Torsen diff is a huge part of the handling characteristics of the Performance Package, and you would be looking at a $1,000+ bill to get that installed. Then you have the big Brembo brakes, bigger radiator, wheels and tires, then suspension on top of it all.

If you were looking at a complete build with all of the best parts yes I would start with a base GT as I would be replacing everything, but that would be huge money.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
PP always

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I love my PP brakes, Torsen, and gears but god this MT82 is trash. I hate the feeling of the shifter and synchros grinding. Shoulda been a T56 or something better.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I am not a pro in this but to echo what Grimace said, you will spend a lot more money than $2495. I believe the brakes are about $2k themselves. Plus the Torsen and other parts.

I guess it depends on what your end result is?

Even though I have the PP, I will be installing Steeda or BMR springs and the likely the Steeda G track brace and the sway bar kit. I am not a racer by any means but I like my car to feel tight and handle very well.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I love my PP brakes, Torsen, and gears but god this MT82 is trash. I hate the feeling of the shifter and synchros grinding. Shoulda been a T56 or something better.
It's been wildly inconsistent with me. Some drives have been pure magic, other times the gate just grinds and crunches. There doesn't seem to be any correlation with ambient or internal temp, nor with my clutch action. I don't get it.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Zero second thoughts and I cannot wait for the FRPP Handling Pack! To me the PP is still way to soft with tons of body roll. I wanted the 3.73's / Torsen & the Brakes.

Sponsored

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
It's been wildly inconsistent with me. Some drives have been pure magic, other times the gate just grinds and crunches. There doesn't seem to be any correlation with ambient or internal temp, nor with my clutch action. I don't get it.
The stock shifter sucks big time. I'll have a MGW installed in less than two weeks. I will provide feedback after the 1/2 mile race.

:headbang:

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The stock shifter sucks big time. I'll have a MGW installed in less than two weeks. I will provide feedback after the 1/2 mile race.

:headbang:
The shifter "feels" fine to me but my Ford 9N tractor from the 40s has the same notchy feeling trans as the MT82.

OP
OP

Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in-between
One can order gears by themselves. And the base brakes are fine for the street. I've driven three GTs so far and they handle the guess-timated 360 at the rear wheels. I have to keep an eye on the Ford Racing for some suspension-only kit.

EricinSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 E250 Bluetec
(Flame suit on) I'd say as far as suspension only is concerned if you got the steeda springs, strut tower brace and sway bars. Then mounted a really good set of tires you wouldn't be too far off the performance pack.

OP
OP

Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in-between
Flame on?

(Flame suit on) I'd say as far as suspension only is concerned if you got the steeda springs, strut tower brace and sway bars. Then mounted a really good set of tires you wouldn't be too far off the performance pack.
Yeah! I have a choice between Steeda and Ford Racing.
Sponsored