Performance pack for 2021 Mustang GT.

RichardC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
When Ford finally made PP2 available for my 2021 Mustang GT, I ordered it. When the box came, I wanted to set the download to my account so I followed the instructions and installed the app on my PC and then updated the Procal4. All seemed to be going well until I tried to save the stock cal. The screen displayed "invalid strategy." I contacted Ford Performance and emailed screenshots of the problem. The next day, I was notified that their database was modified and should try again. That seemed to resolve the issue. Monday, I'll take it to the dealer to get the hardware installed. Wish me luck!
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
When Ford finally made PP2 available for my 2021 Mustang GT, I ordered it. When the box came, I wanted to set the download to my account so I followed the instructions and installed the app on my PC and then updated the Procal4. All seemed to be going well until I tried to save the stock cal. The screen displayed "invalid strategy." I contacted Ford Performance and emailed screenshots of the problem. The next day, I was notified that their database was modified and should try again. That seemed to resolve the issue. Monday, I'll take it to the dealer to get the hardware installed. Wish me luck!
Good luck! What kit did you end up getting? Link if you can. I'm about to get a power pack from my car and I want to make sure I know all the options before I buy.

OP
OP

RichardC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
M-9603-M8B is what I have. The extra torque should be good, but what I'm most interested in is the improved shifts of the 10 speed most folks comment about.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
M-9603-M8B is what I have. The extra torque should be good, but what I'm most interested in is the improved shifts of the 10 speed most folks comment about.
More noticeable on no drive mode vehicles. But if you already have track and drag modes built in then not so much.

OP
OP

RichardC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Got the hardware and calibration installed. A little Jerky going through the gears now. The dealer said it will straighten out as the control unit relearns.

Sponsored

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Kona Blue
Got the hardware and calibration installed. A little Jerky going through the gears now. The dealer said it will straighten out as the control unit relearns.
Do a KAM reset

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
There is no PP2 only one Power kit.

OP
OP

RichardC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
There is no PP2 only one Power kit.
2021 Mustang GT with Performance Pack 1 and added (M-9603-M8B) air intake, 87 mm throttle body, and tune from Ford Performance. That's what we were discussing.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT with Performance Pack 1 and added (M-9603-M8B) air intake, 87 mm throttle body, and tune from Ford Performance. That's what we were discussing.

Correct, in your post you called it Power Pack 2 which there is no Power Pack 2 for the 2018-2021 Mustang GT, only the one M-9603-M8B. Ford doesn't even call it Power Pack 1. This is a completely different calibration of the 2015-2017 Power Pack 2 that the offered, although the hard parts are the same the calibration is completely different due to the Gen 3 Direct Injection among other items.

From your post above..

" When Ford finally made PP2 available for my 2021 Mustang GT, I ordered it. When the box came, I wanted to set the download to my account so I followed the instructions and installed the app on my PC and then updated the Procal4. All seemed to be going well until I tried to save the stock cal."

I have the M-9603-M8B and I am thoroughly happy with it. I have had it for about a year now and was one of the first people to get it. Either way I think you will be very happy with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

RichardC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Correct, in your post you called it Power Pack 2 which there is no Power Pack 2 for the 2018-2021 Mustang GT, only the one M-9603-M8B. Ford doesn't even call it Power Pack 1. This is a completely different calibration of the 2015-2017 Power Pack 2 that the offered, although the hard parts are the same the calibration is completely different due to the Gen 3 Direct Injection among other items.

From your post above..

" When Ford finally made PP2 available for my 2021 Mustang GT, I ordered it. When the box came, I wanted to set the download to my account so I followed the instructions and installed the app on my PC and then updated the Procal4. All seemed to be going well until I tried to save the stock cal."

I have the M-9603-M8B and I am thoroughly happy with it. I have had it for about a year now and was one of the first people to get it. Either way I think you will be very happy with it.
It's the second power pack offered from Ford. Good grief, give me a break...

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'm getting the M-9603-M8B. Ford Performance describes it as "Mustang GT Calibration w/Cold Air Intake and Throttle Body." https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8B. It is supposed to produce performance equal to the Bullitt.

Whether you call it a first or second "power pack," it sounds like a great upgrade. I'm anxious to get it installed.

OP
OP

RichardC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I'm getting the M-9603-M8B. Ford Performance describes it as "Mustang GT Calibration w/Cold Air Intake and Throttle Body." https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8B. It is supposed to produce performance equal to the Bullitt.

Whether you call it a first or second "power pack," it sounds like a great upgrade. I'm anxious to get it installed.

The 2020 mustang bullet is rated at 480hp at 7000 rpm so the engine performance should be similar. I notice mostly the additional torque at lower rpms. You wouldn't think that 18-20 foot pounds would make much of a difference, but it seems so.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's the second power pack offered from Ford. Good grief, give me a break...

Don't get all defensive, just correcting you so others don't get confused. Just to be clear there is only 1 kit for the Gen 3 cars, there was never another kit available for the Gen 3 cars. There are 3 kits available for the Gen 2 cars. Didn't mean to get you all upset...you should try decaf.

MikeMr305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I have a hard time understanding what people mean by "improved throttle response"
As the drive modes practically "improve" the throttle response already. My problem with the throttle is that it doesn't feel smooth even in normal mode. It kinda just jumps as if 1% pedal was programed as to high of a % for throttle or something. So does this kit with the procal tune smoothen out the throttle response and make it feel more accurate or is it just more of the same "less pedal % = more throttle %" ?
Im interested in this kit but the throttle jerk im getting stock is already kind of annoying so i really dont need a more sensitive throttle. I find myself driving in "cold and wet" mode in traffic just to get some type of smooth driving experience these days

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
Perhaps a silly question...does adding this kit affect the factory 3/36?

Also..
Does it need to be installed at a dealer or is this a DIY project?

Edit...just saw it needs to be installed at dealer or ASE to be warrantied.
Sponsored

Last edited: