Sponsored

Perfect Rear Emblem?

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
So I think I finally figured out what would have looked best on the Decklid between the Tail Lights... I like the Pony, and Don't mind the GT but I think this would be PERFECT! Can Someone Photoshop it?
Sponsored

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Here you go :thumbsup: It's not bad, not sure which version I like better.
silver-rear-new-emblem.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yep, that's always been my favourite pony badge.............and it works well on the rear :)

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
The red, white, and blue says "American". Not sure that works well for the One Ford world.

My preference is the simple mustang without the bars that gives the car a similarity to Ferrari. Very clean, very modern.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I think it would be an okay base model badge. I still like the GT emblem.

Sponsored

Brew_WY

Threads
Reaction score
The red, white, and blue says "American". Not sure that works well for the One Ford world.
I would say as a multivehicle branding stategy I would agree with you. But for one car I don't. Engineers/Ford made it very clear that the new Mustang was designed for the American market and would be sold globally, thus I don't think having the red, white, blue bars would be an issue. Anyone that is considering buying one probably doesn't hate America since it is one of our most iconic cars. Also for anyone that doesn't like it, its only a plasti-dip/paint job away from being something else or delete it all together. I think it looks a lot better that the GT emblem. Just my $.02.

Cheers,

Brew

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Maybe this would work.

Plain Mustang - EB4 - One Ford base car
Mustang with bar - V6 - NA base car. Only us Canuks would be peeved, but who cares.
GT emblem - 5.0 GT
SVT emblem - SVT V8 performance cars
ST emblem - EB4 performance cars

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
That would work if it was smaller and off to the side.

The best emblem for me is having nothing there. If people can't identify my car by sight, they don't like cars.

OP
OP
TampaBear67

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Minicobra, That Is Perfect in My opinion. I have to agree with Brew, the designers were Adament that they were designing this as a Mustang that would be sold Globaly, not a Global Mustang. The Mustang is an American Icon so it is only fitting that it woukd have this Classic Emblem. I think the Tri-Bar Anchors the Pony on the rear without Corraling it and looks Much Better than the Faux Gas Cap. It reminds me of this Ferrari Emblem, yet again, It's Pure Mustang and part of its Heritage while at the same time Announcing its American Heritage Proudly, as the Ferrari emblem Displays the Colors of the Italian Flag.

As for mounted off to the side Dirk, I've gotta disagree. I was all for the Tag being placed there before the reveal and if there was nothing there, that's what I would think, that it looked like the Tag was supposed to be there. I think it should be about the size Minicobra did it, and centered. I also think it would be a great place for the GT Designation, Engraved in a Solid Chrome Block at the bottom of the Tri-Bars, similar to the 25th Anniversary Emblem.

Sponsored

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
So I think I finally figured out what would have looked best on the Decklid between the Tail Lights... I like the Pony, and Don't mind the GT but I think this would be PERFECT! Can Someone Photoshop it?

Best Mustang Badge ever. Would have been more modern than the fake gas cap, less Ferrari than the horse alone and a better heritage cue.

eurospeed

Threads
Reaction score
Changing things up slightly...the RWB colors are bit much IMO so I edited minicobra's chop (quickie in MS Paint).
2015mus_gtlogo.jpg

OP
OP
TampaBear67

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Changing things up slightly...the RWB colors are bit much IMO so I edited minicobra's chop (quickie in MS Paint).
That's close to what I was talking about for the GT, but I think it needs some of theTri-Bar below the Pony and I think it would look better if the GT was embossed into a Chrome block at the bottom similar to the 25th Anniversary badge I posted above.

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
This one works for me, enough said!

Sponsored