Perceptions of Middle-age Men in Mustangs

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
I agree with what you are saying 100%. The Z06 example is a rich(er) person's mid-life crisis car, not for the average person.
especially the c7 soon to be c8s… bad little creatures.

anyways @Hack
:fistbump:
Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
All this talk about a midlife crisis has me reconsidering my 2020 bullitt purchase..... Because I have always driven a two-door performance oriented sports car for most of my life, I guess I need to up my game to declare my midlife crisis :-) haha

I think I'm going to order a 2022 base 911 and have it set up exactly how I want. I like the chalk color with black glass roof, but I don't think that's midlife crisis enough what color should it be? :-)

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
At 67 I never felt I went through a midlife crisis because I always had a performance car from the early 70’s to my present GT350, but if I had to pick a vehicle for a Midlife crisis it would be a 70’ Challenger R/T 440 SixPack 4 speed

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
At 67 I never felt I went through a midlife crisis because I always had a performance car from the early 70’s to my present GT350, but if I had to pick a vehicle for a Midlife crisis it would be a 70’ Challenger R/T 440 SixPack 4 speed
Excellent choice. I always wondered what it would have been like to have a 70 Challenger with a 440. My other choice was a 70 Challenger TA with the 340 six pack and 4 speed. As it was, I had a 70 Challenger 340 four barrel, and 4 speed. Fun car, but a big block and/or six packs would have been funner.

Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
All this talk about a midlife crisis has me reconsidering my 2020 bullitt purchase..... Because I have always driven a two-door performance oriented sports car for most of my life, I guess I need to up my game to declare my midlife crisis :-) haha

I think I'm going to order a 2022 base 911 and have it set up exactly how I want. I like the chalk color with black glass roof, but I don't think that's midlife crisis enough what color should it be? :-)
Depends

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
shelby.jpg

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I'm sensing a theme but........dunno.......just not sure.

Can I call a friend?

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Every single person that has come up to me and commented on my S550s falls under one of these two categories:

1. Middle-Aged Man
  2. Teenage/Early 20s Male

Sponsored

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
“Dude, that is one beautiful minivan. Seriously, did you get the LCD headrests that play the Little Mermaid on an endless loop? I’ll bet that 6 cylinder ain’t bad on gas either. Those 8’s, ooof, mileage is out the window. Those kids and middle aged men with that obnoxious exhaust, I just don’t know…scares the bJesus out of the missus…”

Last edited:

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
I was just chatting on Face Book (kinda slow at work right now) about how some women I know have rather snide attitudes about older guys with Mustangs.

"I love it when females I know toss out hints about how they perceive middle-aged men in Mustangs/Camaros/etc. Like we're all lecherous mid-life crisis victims cruising bars for women 1/2 our age, trying to re-live our youth.

The easiest way to deflect the non-sense is to mention that such cars attract other dudes virtually exclusively. It takes too long to explain the fun/hobby/relaxation/enjoyment, etc. to people that view cars as nothing more than a necessary evil."

I think that most car-guys experience such silly crap. Thoughts?
I'm 44 and this is my 5th mustang. My 21gtpp is the best yet. I learned a while back, in order to be truly happy you can't give two f$@&s about what anybody else thinks. If you do, you'll always be behind
Sponsored