Sponsored

People with pro chargers. Any cutting or trimming to inside of front bumper?

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
The I/c piping gets very close to some of the radiator support so they my be worried about knock
It's possible. I want to see what he says when I pick my car up from him. Getting some work done. Should be ready by Wednesday.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
What's the exact kit? Is there anything custom or modified with the kit? Maybe that may be the reason why.
Honestly I think the real answer is simply the shop focuses on whipple primarily and Roush. The shop is a top tier shop. Well known but procharger is just not what they push. I just felt the answer that was given might have been due to lack of installation knowledge on that particular brand. So I wanted to see people’s opinions. It does sound mixed as if some have trimmed some pieces.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Honestly I think the real answer is simply the shop focuses on whipple primarily and Roush. The shop is a top tier shop. Well known but procharger is just not what they push. I just felt the answer that was given might have been due to lack of installation knowledge on that particular brand. So I wanted to see people’s opinions. It does sound mixed as if some have trimmed some pieces.
As far as I know all the kits from procharger can be installed without trim but it’s very very close on some

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
The problem is that some of the couplers may need to be trimmed. Just as stated in the manual. Guys that don’t take the time to do this and line up everything could have issues. I wouldn’t be concerned about it one bit.

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
The problem is that some of the couplers may need to be trimmed. Just as stated in the manual. Guys that don’t take the time to do this and line up everything could have issues. I wouldn’t be concerned about it one bit.
That's a good idea, playing with the couplers can probably save you an inch of clearance.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Put a procharger in my 2018 Mustang GT auto. Only thing to modify is a tiny amount you need to remove with a dremel from the L cylinder head. Just a 2 minute grind to give clearance for the belt. About 1/8 - 1/4 inch. No cutting on the fascia at all. You do have to slightly modify the rubber seal between the radiator and the opening. Nothing, really and returning the car to stock should be no more than an hour or two without any real evidence of the changes.
I have installed Whipple, Vortech and now the Procharger. Procharger is super simple and easy.
Changing belts is very fast as well as changing pulleys, etc.
Dang, one of the things that turned me on to procharger was I thought there was no grinding of the engine for fitment. Is this the case whether you have the dedicated pulley or not?

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
It's more about how close the pulley is to the front of the engine than the diameter of the pulley and the amount of grinding is so inconsequential that it's no big deal. It's nothing like what you had to do with the old roush blowers in the past

Reactions: XS

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
15-17 cars are a little different and don't have that issue where you have to grind.
Sponsored

Reactions: XS