Sponsored

People complain about steal dealerships but when…

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
The sh*t an Acura dealer pulled on my wife had me so triggered I nearly took the keys and dropped it off within the 72 hour window and should have but the collateral damage would have been too high.
Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Dealers do not care about any modifications but I do and I'm not handing someone a $6000 job done by an absolute expert for free that's only 6 months old. That's just me though.

PPF/Ceramic isn't just your average modification like bolt on parts. It actually serves a purpose.
It's not the "dealer doesn't care", but a matter of how long will it sit on the lot until someone with the means can buy it for over the blue book.

Lenders don't care what you added, they look at the blue book for the VIN and that determines what they will lend. So unless the used car buyer has the means to make up the difference, the dealer has a used car sucking up inventory and costing him money each day it sits.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It's not the "dealer doesn't care", but a matter of how long will it sit on the lot until someone with the means can buy it for over the blue book.

Lenders don't care what you added, they look at the blue book for the VIN and that determines what they will lend. So unless the used car buyer has the means to make up the difference, the dealer has a used car sucking up inventory and costing him money each day it sits.
Yeah, I understand that but I'm likely looking for a private buyer at this point.
Sponsored