Sponsored

Paxton 2200HD (oil fed) or PC P1X?

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
I can’t seem to find 1/4 mile, dyno graphs, or draggy feedback on the oil fed Paxton. I do see some feedback on the P1X which is a comparable unit for a low 9’s/850 wheel daily driver. Anyone with experience with either unit want to share your experience?
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I can’t seem to find 1/4 mile, dyno graphs, or draggy feedback on the oil fed Paxton. I do see some feedback on the P1X which is a comparable unit for a low 9’s/850 wheel daily driver. Anyone with experience with either unit want to share your experience?
So you find feedback on one and it's positive and capable. You still want to consider the one that seemingly you cannot find anyone running?

P1x all day.

OP
OP
EgoBoost

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Yeah because power adder decisions and Mustang owners…😄

…you’re right tho.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I started with the 2200SL, and didn't max it out. However, I figured I'd try to sale it before I blew it up as I kept getting smaller pullies. Anyways going to the V7 JTB, should be picking up the car any day. I wish I would have started with it. It supposedly performs well when spinning below max rpm (which is what I'll do until I build a motor). Want to get some 9s out with the stock motor. When I build the motor, I'll turn it up. Folks have been in the 8s on it; though not really street cars. Just another option if your looking at oil feds.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EgoBoost

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
I started with the 2200SL, and didn't max it out. However, I figured I'd try to sale it before I blew it up as I kept getting smaller pullies. Anyways going to the V7 JTB, should be picking up the car any day. I wish I would have started with it. It supposedly performs well when spinning below max rpm (which is what I'll do until I build a motor). Want to get some 9s out with the stock motor. When I build the motor, I'll turn it up. Folks have been in the 8s on it; though not really street cars. Just another option if your looking at oil feds.
thanks. I’ve been following your build and wondering how much mid range loss you would feel on the street with that JTB. Please post up your results.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
thanks. I’ve been following your build and wondering how much mid range loss you would feel on the street with that JTB. Please post up your results.
Dyno any day now, should have something soon. I hope I don't loose any midrange.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I personally would rather fork over extra (if it’s extra) for a self contained Paxton or Vortech rather than an oil fed. I’m not really knowledgeable into their names specs, but the 2200 comes in HD and R and Vortech has the V7. One of those has to be self contained. Rather not have to pipe oil from the engine.

As far as capabilities, well when it comes to those bigger Paxtons and Vortech it would be difficult to compare to a P1X, both of those are considerably bigger blowers when it comes to CFM. P1X is a sub 1300CFM unit and compared to coyote blowers in the market it’s relatively small. But still performs very well, it’s sized well for the coyote and matches with the coyotes high rpm nature.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I personally would rather fork over extra (if it’s extra) for a self contained Paxton or Vortech rather than an oil fed. I’m not really knowledgeable into their names specs, but the 2200 comes in HD and R and Vortech has the V7. One of those has to be self contained. Rather not have to pipe oil from the engine.

As far as capabilities, well when it comes to those bigger Paxtons and Vortech it would be difficult to compare to a P1X, both of those are considerably bigger blowers when it comes to CFM. P1X is a sub 1300CFM unit and compared to coyote blowers in the market it’s relatively small. But still performs very well, it’s sized well for the coyote and matches with the coyotes high rpm nature.
Those are all oil fed, the V3JT and 2200SL are the self contained; everything up from (HD, R, V7) there is oil fed; the problem with the self contained supposedly over spinning is more likely to lead to failure. I agree it is a pain, I hired out the work. They did use the engine cover to drill and tap rather than oil pan; which had I known I could do it that way I might have done it myself (I was getting the OPGs done at the same time, and thought they'd have to drop the pan for the oil lines).

The design of the V7JTB was supposedly for the coyote. If I were to do it all again I'd probably take a harder look at the PC (and maybe turbos) or just started with the JTB. I have issues with leaving things alone, I do this with everything; the PC upgrades (P1 to D1 to F1) would have been easier. Now that I have the oil lines and 8rib done the upgrades are closer, but still not as easy.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Those are all oil fed, the V3JT and 2200SL are the self contained; everything up from (HD, R, V7) there is oil fed; the problem with the self contained supposedly over spinning is more likely to lead to failure. I agree it is a pain, I hired out the work. They did use the engine cover to drill and tap rather than oil pan; which had I known I could do it that way I might have done it myself (I was getting the OPGs done at the same time, and thought they'd have to drop the pan for the oil lines).

The design of the V7JTB was supposedly for the coyote. If I were to do it all again I'd probably take a harder look at the PC (and maybe turbos) or just started with the JTB. I have issues with leaving things alone, I do this with everything; the PC upgrades (P1 to D1 to F1) would have been easier. Now that I have the oil lines and 8rib done the upgrades are closer, but still not as easy.
the only difference from the base self contained units and the larger units are oil fed vs self contained. its simply tapping the pan, and adding the feed, with the amount we do, your maybe 30 minutes in labor. it really isn't that much more.

a jtb is considerably larger than a p1x and can make much more power. the stock 2200 / v3 jt is more equivalent to a d1sc as far as flow / power.

especially on an 18 mustang, you should be able to make between 850-900 wheel with the self conatined v3 jt and a 3.33 pulley.

OP
OP
EgoBoost

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
An A10 can put you in boost in an instant at virtually any rpm and pulls like a freight train all the way to redline…As Beefcake Racing has said hundreds of times, you can't go wrong with any FI system on a coyote…
the stock 2200 / v3 jt is more equivalent to a d1sc as far as flow / power…especially on an 18 mustang, you should be able to make between 850-900 wheel with the self contained v3 jt and a 3.33 pulley.
Since “you can’t go wrong with any system,” (and having the A10) I decided to get the cheapest, and the quickest available kit…A Beefcake special black Vortech V3-JT/1050X/stage 2 e85 fuel system/OPG’s.

Thanks for all the input guys, and thank you Terry for your patience with all my changes.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Since “you can’t go wrong with any system,” (and having the A10) I decided to get the cheapest, and the quickest available kit…A Beefcake special black Vortech V3-JT/1050X/stage 2 e85 fuel system/OPG’s.

Thanks for all the input guys, and thank you Terry for your patience with all my changes.
yvw!!!!

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Egoboost,

Good choice. My P1X at around 650+ whp can scare the crap out of me at times. Enormous power for the street on DOT tires.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

You’ll be happy. I made 800+on a little baby self contained head unit.
Sponsored