Sponsored

Passing from convertible to hard top

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
I like the shape of hard top mustang. I have had 2 convertible GT mustang since 2016. I m a bit tempted to go with the hard top seeing the mach1 but i m not sure. I use it all year long as a daily even if i live in Canada. I need your opinions . Thanks
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Not sure what you're asking.
Would I switch to a coupe? No. I've always been a wind in the hair kind d of guy. Convertibles, boats, motorcycles, jet skies, 4 wheelers. Even when I've owned a sedan/coupe/truck they've had a sunroof. My DD is my mustang convertible and the top is down nearly every day that it's not raining in the spring, summer and fall. Thanks to living in the south I'm able to use it pretty often in the winter too.
The only thing that would make me buy a coupe is if I were to race or track the car. But that's not me so...

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Convertibles look terrible with the angley black fabric roof that doesn't match the paint, are heavier, with less chassis rigidity. Its an easy call if you care about performance IMO

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
If it has 2 doors, it must be a convertible. If it has a hard roof, it needs 4 doors. The back seat of coupes is pretty useless.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what you're asking.
[...]
The only thing that would make me buy a coupe is if I were to race or track the car. But that's not me so...
Makes sense. If someone is disposed against some of the characteristics of convertible cars, more than they are attracted to others, no problem. The point of choosing a car is to please yourself.

I had a GT/CS coupe and a GT/CS convertible at the same time. Best of both worlds, made me feel like a king. Consolidated them into a Brembo coupe, traded it on a GT convertible. Fickle as I am, traded the GT convertible on a GT PP1, coupe and in turn that one on the EB PP convertible in my garage right now. I've had some experience with Mustangs of both persuasions.

The thing about convertibles is, they convert. You can leave the top up and ignore or discount the noise level and extra weight, and put the top down when the mood strikes you. With your coupe, you have some real advantages, but.. the top is there, no matter what. The mood strikes you and all you can do is whine with envy.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If it has 2 doors, it must be a convertible. If it has a hard roof, it needs 4 doors. The back seat of coupes is pretty useless.
Nah, the back seats are perfect for putting bags and other personal items so they don't move around like they would in the trunk. They're also perfect for children if you've had any.