Sponsored

Passing Emissions Catless?

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
Anyone here... uh... know a guy? I want to get an OR-DP but I wanna make sure I have things nailed down in advance.

If you "know someone" with a not-so-street-legal car and hasn't had issues getting through emissions, let me know. Cause I wanna talk to that person. :gossip:
Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
So going catless will not pass emissions? Would a hi-flow cat pass?

Ricky218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So going catless will not pass emissions? Would a hi-flow cat pass?
Correct, I know some of the local Emissions stations in Maryland check under the car for cats and mufflers. High flow cats should pass.

justinakajuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. Auto
I had a Jet Hot Y pipe w/ removable cats on a previous car. The mechanic couldn't "see" the cats so he wouldn't run my car on the machine. Told me I would have to pay him to take it apart to verify they were installed. Jackass. Needless to say I left that place.

My advice: get high flow cats that can be externally seen.

Now if you have a relative or friend that lives in a county that does not have emissions, you can "garage" your car there instead. Even when your license says Fairfax or whatever. Be aware trying to keep track of personal property taxes becomes a bitch.

Other scandalous ideas would be to bring a substitute car in for emissions and give them your registration. As long as they don't check the VIN, you will be okay. Better to know the guy performing the test.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Other scandalous ideas would be to bring a substitute car in for emissions and give them your registration. As long as they don't check the VIN, you will be okay. Better to know the guy performing the test.

Emissions testing is completely electronic. The computer is connected to the car via the OBD port and reads the ECU's readiness tests to verify emissions compliance. It automatically reads the VIN.

Sponsored

OP
OP
therealdannye

therealdannye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
Yikes. Just found out that illegal tint could fail your inspection as well. Anyone else know a heads up in this particular area?

Ricky218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Thats also correct, when going through inspection in the state of Md(Va. is the same I think) you cannot have tent on your windows. It sucks, I know:tsk:

OP
OP
therealdannye

therealdannye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
Thats also correct, when going through inspection in the state of Md(Va. is the same I think) you cannot have tent on your windows. It sucks, I know:tsk:
Haha so I'm already fucked. I need either a lazy 'sumbitch or a hookup.

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So glad Ohio doesn't have E-Check for a majority of the state. Reading these threads always makes me cringe.

OP
OP
therealdannye

therealdannye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
Bump. Got 4 months til I'm due. Anyone with experience in this area wanna chime in?

Sponsored

CentralVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD !!!!
Inspection stations in VA do NOT check the legality of window tint. Window tint in cars is as follows. 50% light transmission for front windows and 35% for rear windows. No tint below the AS1 line on the windshield. State law allows for 7% plus or minus.

:amen:

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
My Ecoboost with a tune and the stock cat will not pass the Mass emissions test. The tune won't let all the status monitors to be set, in Mass you are only allowed to have one not ready. There are other threads that folks with high flow cats can't pass either because of status monitors not being ready.

I put the stock tune on then did the Ford driving cycle to get them all set then went in for my inspection. After I got my sticker I put the tune back on.

Dave

area74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr
My Ecoboost with a tune and the stock cat will not pass the Mass emissions test. The tune won't let all the status monitors to be set, in Mass you are only allowed to have one not ready. There are other threads that folks with high flow cats can't pass either because of status monitors not being ready.

I put the stock tune on then did the Ford driving cycle to get them all set then went in for my inspection. After I got my sticker I put the tune back on.

Dave
Hi Dave
so you need to install the factory cat, right ? and run the stock tune, of course.

also, another couple questions
does the tune disable the monitors ? or rear o2's ? can this be turned on and off ?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I am running the factory cat with a cat back exhaust and CAI along with the tune. All I had to do was reload the stock tune to pass.

If you don't have one borrow one and see if your status monitors are all ready. There may be some that aren't supported which is OK but if you have more than one that is not ready (or incomplete) you fail the emissions test.
Sponsored