Passenger seat rattle

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Has anyone experienced their passenger seat rattling on anything but perfect asphalt? It's very annoying! I'll probably bring this up along with my reverse camera not working anytime it's hot. car is a 2020 GT under 1000 miles
Sponsored

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 PP1 301A A10
Yes, mine did that before I installed leather and still makes a bit of noise from time to time, but is much better now. I followed the noise to the front left side that tilts down, and back. Can’t figure out a way to stop it. Luckily it’s very intermittent now.

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
If i put my arm on the back rest of the seat it stops, very little pressure needed. I just can't pinpoint exactly where it's coming from

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If i put my arm on the back rest of the seat it stops, very little pressure needed. I just can't pinpoint exactly where it's coming from
Many have experienced this issue and found it to be a loose seat bolt. Check them out.

Sponsored

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
At around 6,000 miles now my car has also developed some sort of rattle on the passenger side. Happens regardless of whether a passenger is sitting in the seat or not, but not been able to figure out where it's coming from so far. Sometimes it rattles on the way back home, sometimes it does not rattle on the same way back home.

No heated/cooled seats here either.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Has anyone experienced their passenger seat rattling on anything but perfect asphalt? It's very annoying! I'll probably bring this up along with my reverse camera not working anytime it's hot. car is a 2020 GT under 1000 miles
Search my name I went through a whole ordeal chasing down a passenger seat click only when my fiancé was in the seat. Ended up being a bolt that bolts to the car.

I did not have this issue in my 2019, but did in my 2020.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
At around 6,000 miles now my car has also developed some sort of rattle on the passenger side. Happens regardless of whether a passenger is sitting in the seat or not, but not been able to figure out where it's coming from so far. Sometimes it rattles on the way back home, sometimes it does not rattle on the same way back home.

No heated/cooled seats here either.
Try putting your hand on the middle of the back seat when it rattles and see if that stops it, could be something loose and there's not much padding on the back so you can probe around to see if that quiets it anywhere.

Sponsored
OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Search my name I went through a whole ordeal chasing down a passenger seat click only when my fiancé was in the seat. Ended up being a bolt that bolts to the car.

I did not have this issue in my 2019, but did in my 2020.
I meant to update this, I found the cause of the rattle. the 4 bolts that bolt the seat to the car were all tight, so i had my wife shake the seat back, because you could replicate the sound by grabbing the top of the seat and pushing on it, while I was looking at the seat base with a good light. it ended up being the bolts that go through the side pieces that attach to the seat back hinge area. I snugged them all and the rattle has gone away. the outer side, closest to the passenger door, was actually loose.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just to be clear, the bolts that hold the seatback frame to the seat frame were loose? Did you have to remove anything to get to them? I don't think they're visible, but would have to check. Thx.

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Just to be clear, the bolts that hold the seatback frame to the seat frame were loose? Did you have to remove anything to get to them? I don't think they're visible, but would have to check. Thx.
correct, the plastic covers have to be removed to get to the bolts

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I am having this exact issue with mine. Can you take a picture of where the offending bolts were located?
Sponsored