Passenger seat rattle *premium ecoboost*

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost auto mustang
Ive had a rattle in my passenger seat since I bought the car a year ago. I will move the lever a little or raise it (power seat) and it usually stops for a little while. I would take it to the dealer but I have too many engine mods and afraid they will not warranty my car then. Has anyone else had this problem? Any fixes?
Sponsored

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Take it to the dealer. This is an interior part issue, not a powertrain issue, so no one should be concerned about any mods that you have done to your engine.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ive had a rattle in my passenger seat since I bought the car a year ago. I will move the lever a little or raise it (power seat) and it usually stops for a little while. I would take it to the dealer but I have too many engine mods and afraid they will not warranty my car then. Has anyone else had this problem? Any fixes?
Hello vogtaction,

I recommend you bring your vehicle to your local Ford Dealer and get it fully diagnosed. Then, speak with the service manager, as he is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Also, remember repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know what they say.

Deysha

JCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Auto GT
Take it to the dealer. This is an interior part issue, not a powertrain issue, so no one should be concerned about any mods that you have done to your engine.
^^This. Unless you modified the seat for some strange reason the dealer should honor the warranty. Just make sure they don't make it worse when you bring it in. I hate that we as car owners even have to worry about this nonsense. If car dealership service departments treated people like human beings they wouldn't have to suffer through the stereotypes that paint them as incompetent thieves.

Not a fan of Ford Service, in case it isn't obvious.

Sponsored

NorthshoreGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Have the same issue in my '16 GT PP
Seems to be recliner mechisism???
Will go away temporarily if I adjust seat back,but returns
Had dealer look at it,tech "could not duplicate noise after two test drives"
Needless to say rattle started up again within 50 feet of leaving dealership parking lot
I'll probably fix it myself someday when I have dome free time
Let's just say I'm not particularly impressed with Ford service

NorthshoreGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Needless to say rattle started up again within 50 feet of leaving dealership parking lot
I'll probably fix it myself someday when I have some free time
Let's just say I'm not particularly impressed with Ford service

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'll probably fix it myself someday when I have dome free time
Let's just say I'm not particularly impressed with Ford service ��
Let me take a look, NorthshoreGt. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

hemanmech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hemanth
Vehicle(s)
15 Beest Eco/Prem./PP
Wow, I thought it was just me. Even I hear mild squeaking noise from the passenger seat side (only when it is occupied I think). not able to figure out the exactly location of the noise origination yet.
Planning to talk to dealer next time when I go for oil change, but how would I explain this to them??