Passenger seat creaking noise

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Did you add some padding under there? Try that. I added some sticky backed felt before I put the seat back down and bolted it. The thin stuff, just for some noise reduction hopefully.

My clicking also only happened when someone was sitting in it.
Sponsored

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Did you add some padding under there? Try that. I added some sticky backed felt before I put the seat back down and bolted it. The thin stuff, just for some noise reduction hopefully.

My clicking also only happened when someone was sitting in it.
I will try that next. Mine also only does it when someone is in the seat. Its not coming from the seat back i know that.

It kinda sounds like its coming from the back right side bolt but under the car?

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I will try that next. Mine also only does it when someone is in the seat. Its not coming from the seat back i know that.

It kinda sounds like its coming from the back right side bolt but under the car?
Mine sounded like it came from the back at first until I took all the plastic cladding off, then the sound was clearly from the front.

Sounds travel funny. If I was you I would loosen all 4 bolts and put some felt padding under there and bolt it back down, see if that fixes it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Check to make sure all seat track bolts are secured to the floor. Some M6G members have found that their seat bolts were not 100% tight, which also creates seat creaking noises.

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Any recommendations on a good torque wrench for the T55 torx bolted to the bottom of seats?

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I got mine from Harbor Freight.

The Latman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Hey folks, came across this thread, and the other one too. I have this clicking / ticking noise whenever my weight shifts on the seat back on the driver seat in the car, which is constantly . I can replicate it by sitting forward then backwards on the seat. But can’t replicate it without sitting on it.

It’s driving me mad!

i got the car in March, it was relatively cold then (I’m in Scotland), over the past week this click has developed. If I sit forward and don’t use the seat back, it goes away. As soon as I sit normally it clicks and ticks and annoys the hell out of me.

I don’t think it’s the bolt that’s being referred to, my main thought is that when I’m not sitting back but leaning forward it doesn’t do it.

I’ve also seen the video from the other guy who’s got the click coming from the seat rail, not sure it applies to me either.

All I do know is it’s driving me crazy and really ruining the enjoyment of driving this wonderful car!!

if it is something on the inside of the seat, how easy is it to open the seat up?

i plan on getting a torque wrench and some bits, just to try the bolts.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
if it is something on the inside of the seat, how easy is it to open the seat up?

i plan on getting a torque wrench and some bits, just to try the bolts.
2 things I suggest trying:

1) Put something in the back seat pocket that fills the space and see if your noise stops. My car is build with the cooler element and it knocks. Instead of having my seat opened up I just place something in there to apply some pressure, like a larger book or something.

2) The 4 bolts that hold the seat to the floor, just try backing them out all the way and re-screwing them in, torqued to 37/ft lb. This was all the fix required for mine.

The Latman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
2 things I suggest trying:

1) Put something in the back seat pocket that fills the space and see if your noise stops. My car is build with the cooler element and it knocks. Instead of having my seat opened up I just place something in there to apply some pressure, like a larger book or something.

2) The 4 bolts that hold the seat to the floor, just try backing them out all the way and re-screwing them in, torqued to 37/ft lb. This was all the fix required for mine.
I have the climate seats as well, I tried something in the seat back pocket but it didn’t help. Not sure it was big enough.
I plan on getting a torque wrench and the bit and will give that a try. Honestly it’s making me crazy!

The Latman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Ok, tried something a bit bigger in the back seat pocket on a quick run. On way out it clicked maybe 3 times, on the way back, significantly more.
It’s a bit cooler outside so not sure if that was a contributing factor or not.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Ok, tried something a bit bigger in the back seat pocket on a quick run. On way out it clicked maybe 3 times, on the way back, significantly more.
It’s a bit cooler outside so not sure if that was a contributing factor or not.
The click comes from higher up in the back seat if it's the cooled seat element. I can actually make mine make the noise if I smack the top back of the seat/headrest with some force.

If the noise isn't there, I would check the bolts to the floor. That's where the noise came for me that only happened when my wife sat in it.

The Latman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
If it’s the cooling element that’s clicking off something, how do you stop that? I’m curious as to why it suddenly started as well!

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Wow that is annoying lol I believe it’s theT-50 torx.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
I used a T55 for the seat bolts, i backed them out and retorqued. I did this 2 or 3 times and it has stopped.
Sponsored