Parts Retrofit

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Hypothetical guys. I was talking to Epiphany who is an insane encyclopedia and resource to have btw. Being that I live close to road Atlanta (15 min) though my car right now is my daily; in a couple of years it will be retired and turned into my weekend warrior car.

Does anyone recall the gentleman that tried to retrofit the GT350R diff pump and cooler to his PP1 car a couple of years ago. It seem he almost had it completed but when he used the Ford diff cooler harness his car was absent of some options that the 350R had (magnaride ect.) and due to this the main harnesses were slight different and he couldnā€™t tie it in.

fast forward a couple of years and now we have the Mach 1. Which has the engine oil cooler, trans cooler, and diff cooler that are/were on the 350R/500. Give that a PP1 can be option with all of the electronics that the Mach has what are the chances and do you think the 3 coolers can be retrofitted to a PP 1/2 car now. Iā€™d think the main harnesses would be the same now.

If memory serves me correctly I donā€™t believe the other guy could tie in because the 350R was equipped with MR and the diff harness somehow tied in to the MR harness to the main harness. I think he figured out what needed to be turned on in the ECU to activate the temp sensor perimeters to activate the pump. He just couldnā€™t get power to the pump in a factory way due to main harness variance. Figured this would make a nice tech discussion and some of you guys are unreal in your parts research!
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hypothetical guys. I was talking to Epiphany who is an insane encyclopedia and resource to have btw. Being that I live close to road Atlanta (15 min) though my car right now is my daily; in a couple of years it will be retired and turned into my weekend warrior car.

Does anyone recall the gentleman that tried to retrofit the GT350R diff pump and cooler to his PP1 car a couple of years ago. It seem he almost had it completed but when he used the Ford diff cooler harness his car was absent of some options that the 350R had (magnaride ect.) and due to this the main harnesses were slight different and he couldnā€™t tie it in.

fast forward a couple of years and now we have the Mach 1. Which has the engine oil cooler, trans cooler, and diff cooler that are/were on the 350R/500. Give that a PP1 can be option with all of the electronics that the Mach has what are the chances and do you think the 3 coolers can be retrofitted to a PP 1/2 car now. Iā€™d think the main harnesses would be the same now.

If memory serves me correctly I donā€™t believe the other guy could tie in because the 350R was equipped with MR and the diff harness somehow tied in to the MR harness to the main harness. I think he figured out what needed to be turned on in the ECU to activate the temp sensor perimeters to activate the pump. He just couldnā€™t get power to the pump in a factory way due to main harness variance. Figured this would make a nice tech discussion and some of you guys are unreal in your parts research!
I recall the thread youā€™re looking for, but canā€™t hit on the exact search words to bring it up...

However, have you seen this thread that was recently posted in the DIY section here for rear differential cooling?
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/s550-diff-cooler-build-overview.157086/#post-3209774

Does that offer any help to what you want to do?

OP
OP
Decible

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I recall the thread youā€™re looking for, but canā€™t hit on the exact search words to bring it up...

However, have you seen this thread that was recently posted in the DIY section here for rear differential cooling?
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/s550-diff-cooler-build-overview.157086/#post-3209774

Does that offer any help to what you want to do?
I havenā€™t seen that one. Yeah I tried searching for it and couldnā€™t find it. I seem to slightly remember something with canbus system as well šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

OP
OP
Decible

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Quickly glanced, that would work well. Ideally would like to do the same thing but instead of using switches; if possible would like to tie it in to the factory system and use the ecu like the Mach/350/500. Not sure itā€™s possible though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Decible

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
This below thread is HUGE - but has all sorts of GT350 cooler info - link is from near end of thread but a lot of info throughout:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...350-cooler-solution-discussion.55937/page-187

ā€”

There is this thread about GT350 cooler:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...n-cooler-only-installtion-instructions.78252/

ā€”

Cooler instructions from Ford Performance:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...m-ford-how-to-install-trans-and-cooler.77984/

ā€”

Not GT350 cooler, but a very nice rear differential cover that helps to keep rear cool:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...the-s550-mustang-ā€˜super-8-8ā€™-rear-end.117720/

ā€”

Not sure if any of the above helps but Iā€™ve tried all different search terms and thatā€™s all Iā€™m able to find.

OP
OP
Decible

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
All of those are good reads!
Sponsored