Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
The majority (like 90%) of the PP2 performance advantage is the Sport Cup 2 tires. I'd call the PP2 more of a wheel and tire package, and not really a unique car. Lets see which fanboys get triggered by that.

The magnaride tuning might be pretty small tweaks. IIRC the minor ride height difference of the PP2 is 100% from the short diameter 305/30 tires versus the taller tires on the PP1. I don't actually think the springs are any lower.

All magnaride cars have the same counter-wound springs. I don't actually know the knuckle differences between shelbys and GT magnaride cars.

PP1 (w/ magnaride) to PP2 suspensions are in the same general ballpark. I don't think we actually know if the PP2 spring rates are more like PP1, GT350, or more like GT350R, but you can cheaply install those springs or replicate them in the aftermarket. If you have a non-magnaride car, its harder to straddle performance and comfort, but I believe most people with good quality shocks and 'min drop handling springs' from Steeda or BMR are pretty happy with the ride comfort.
The majority (like 90%) of the PP2 performance advantage is the Sport Cup 2 tires. I'd call the PP2 more of a wheel and tire package, and not really a unique car. Lets see which fanboys get triggered by that.

The magnaride tuning might be pretty small tweaks. IIRC the minor ride height difference of the PP2 is 100% from the short diameter 305/30 tires versus the taller tires on the PP1. I don't actually think the springs are any lower.

All magnaride cars have the same counter-wound springs. I don't actually know the knuckle differences between shelbys and GT magnaride cars.

PP1 (w/ magnaride) to PP2 suspensions are in the same general ballpark. I don't think we actually know if the PP2 spring rates are more like PP1, GT350, or more like GT350R, but you can cheaply install those springs or replicate them in the aftermarket. If you have a non-magnaride car, its harder to straddle performance and comfort, but I believe most people with good quality shocks and 'min drop handling springs' from Steeda or BMR are pretty happy with the ride comfort.
Interesting. I have a line on a minty 6k miles 2019 PP1 6sp w Magneride and AE. Odd that original owner did not opt for PP2, as the incremental cost was a just a few hundred $. Still, I believe I prefer the PP2 as OE, rather than trying to build it, after running the numbers and learning from others here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
That helps. The reason I wouldn't build a pp2 clone based off what you've said so far is in my opinion the biggest advantages in the pp2 are going to be the wheel/tire set up and magnaride. At high speed the spoiler and maybe the front lip as well. (Can't recall any factual data on the front lip off hand) There's plenty of wheel tire options to get you where you want to be. If the pp2 style is what you choose that's a fine option. Not having magnaride, I'd be looking for a good suspension set up that handles track duty and isn't brutal on the streets. And if your using it more on the track and not worried about its street manners getting there maybe you go more aggressive? That's your choice. I'm just trying to point out since you aren't starting with a pp2 you will probably be better off researching how to get to your goals with what you have in lieu of trying to half way clone a pp2. A pp2 is a great starting point but there's still room for improvement.
Thank you!

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. I have a line on a minty 6k miles 2019 PP1 6sp w Magneride and AE. Odd that original owner did not opt for PP2, as the incremental cost was a just a few hundred $. Still, I believe I prefer the PP2 as OE, rather than trying to build it, after running the numbers and learning from others here.
i don’t blame you. The PP2s are rare and kind of cool. Performance wise, once you start modifying either car the differences will vanish, but if you want to keep it close to stock the PP2 is more desirable.

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
i don’t blame you. The PP2s are rare and kind of cool. Performance wise, once you start modifying either car the differences will vanish, but if you want to keep it close to stock the PP2 is more desirable.
Your car looks like a serious track car. Do you mind sharing the build bits & rough cost?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The PP2 has counter spun springs in the rear and GT350 hubs, knuckles, and retuned Magneride.
I know GT variants (including M1) are on an iron knuckle and Shelby variants are on an alloy knuckle. Also note that the MR iron GT knuckle is different to a non MR iron GT knuckle.

I also know the alloy Shelby knuckles changed design in the later production of the 350R’s.

PP1 (w/ magnaride) to PP2 suspensions are in the same general ballpark. I don't think we actually know if the PP2 spring rates are more like PP1, GT350, or more like GT350R, but you can cheaply install those springs or replicate them in the aftermarket.
This is where I am up to with spring rates and sway bars :

1674948211288.png

I would like to confirm some of the red bits :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Your solution is a bit over $5,100. Did you see the parts list I called out in second post? It came in at $4,800.
You also said " I have a line on a minty 6k miles 2019 PP1 6sp w Magneride and AE." In order to turn the 2019 into a PP2 you would need the above parts, which also includes the PP2 magneride calibration. You asked, I gave an answer. Your car, you do whatever you want.

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
You also said " I have a line on a minty 6k miles 2019 PP1 6sp w Magneride and AE." In order to turn the 2019 into a PP2 you would need the above parts, which also includes the PP2 magneride calibration. You asked, I gave an answer. Your car, you do whatever you want.
Yes, of course. Thank you, I appreciate the help! I wasn't being critical.

Last edited:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You're quibbling over 300 bucks? Anyway you want to replace those PP1/2 front MR dampers with the mach1/gt500 sku. And while you're at it get the m1 tuning curves.

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
You're quibbling over 300 bucks? Anyway you want to replace those PP1/2 front MR dampers with the mach1/gt500 sku. And while you're at it get the m1 tuning curves.
No, I'm not. What are "MR dampers" and what do you mean by "tuning curves".

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously? MagneRide. Read it slow.

And being electronic controlled, the damping behavior is done by computer. Hence "curves"

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I know GT variants (including M1) are on an iron knuckle and Shelby variants are on an alloy knuckle. Also note that the MR iron GT knuckle is different to a non MR iron GT knuckle.

I also know the alloy Shelby knuckles changed design in the later production of the 350R’s.

This is where I am up to with spring rates and sway bars :

1674948211288.png

I would like to confirm some of the red bits :like:

WD :like:
Good info.
Re; the compared to what box
It’s my understanding that the %stiffer implies that these sway bars are stiffer than PP1 cars.

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Good info.
Re; the compared to what box
It’s my understanding that the %stiffer implies that these sway bars are stiffer than PP1 cars.
CJ Pony Parts & C/D Reviews said same.
Sponsored