Sponsored

Painting Calipers

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
I have decided to paint my calipers using the G2 paint. I'm going to go with Lime green. Has anyone else used this color before? I am anal about matching colors so I'm worried it won't exactly match the pin stripes.

Also, can you remove the caliper paint if needed?
Just finished mine yesterday, I think they turned out pretty great. I don't think this stuff will come off easily, it's pretty thick and took 3 coats to cover the pads without leaving holes:
Caliper.jpg

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished mine yesterday, I think they turned out pretty great. I don't think this stuff will come off easily, it's pretty thick and took 3 coats to cover the pads without leaving holes:
It's pretty tough!

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Is there any way of removing the calipers for painting and avoiding the need to bleed the brakes during re-installation of the calipers?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any way of removing the calipers for painting and avoiding the need to bleed the brakes during re-installation of the calipers?
No, if you remove them you will introduce air and must bleed.

But it's easy enough to paint them on the car, just a lot of masking and prep.

Sponsored

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
They look amazing! Painted or powder coated? What did it cost? Thanks!

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Wow the g2 kits really turned out nice for brushing it on. I was going to do a pp front caliper swap, but I might just paint the base calipers first and see how I feel about them.

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Here are my calipers, just got them back. Looking forward to installing on the car
Painted or powder coated?

Also is everyone here using the brush that comes with the kit to paint the caliper? Some look more smooth than others, any help is appreciated, thanks!

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
They look amazing! Painted or powder coated? What did it cost? Thanks!
Sorry didn't mean to mislead, these are powder coated with the high temp vinyl and powder clear over top.

For price I got quotes from 200-500 for the set. I ended up going with a guy that was 400$ because his reviews online were really good.

The high temp vinyl was only about 6$, it would have been an extra 200$ to have the letters painted which was a bit rich for my blood. Should match well with my avalanche grey gt350 and my side stripe accents
IMG_9274.jpg

WileECoyote79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost w/performance pack
Sorry didn't mean to mislead, these are powder coated with the high temp vinyl and powder clear over top.

For price I got quotes from 200-500 for the set. I ended up going with a guy that was 400$ because his reviews online were really good.

The high temp vinyl was only about 6$, it would have been an extra 200$ to have the letters painted which was a bit rich for my blood. Should match well with my avalanche grey gt350 and my side stripe accents
Where are you in michigan? I would be interested in using the same place you did. :cheers:

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Where are you in michigan? I would be interested in using the same place you did. :cheers:
Beans best LLC in Ann Arbor. Be forewarned though it isn't fast, I waited 3 weeks but quality was more important to me than speed

WileECoyote79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost w/performance pack
Beans best LLC in Ann Arbor. Be forewarned though it isn't fast, I waited 3 weeks but quality was more important to me than speed
thanks for the info ill have to check them out. i agree quality over speed any day....:thumbsup:

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
Got quoted $350 from a body shop to sand, paint and reinstall my calipers. Does this sound fair? I didn't even mention the rear calipers.
Sponsored