Sponsored

Paint protection..Xpel, Suntek, or 3M pro

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I had a local installer do a Suntek full front on mine and then CQuartz over the entire car afterwards. I'd definitely recommend having a pro do it, unless you have endless patience and want to attempt it yourself.

Ditto
Sponsored

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
You all can buy in Canadian Dollars from a canadian dealer up here and save money on pre cuts kits and get it overnight.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I went with Suntek per my installer's recommendation on the entire front of the car and the mirrors. It doesn't have that texture/peel look to it like XPEL Ultimate does. Suntek also came with a 10 year warranty as well. He said they have caught up technology wise and the self heal works well. Can't even tell the PPF is on there.

I had Opticoat Pro + done on the entire rest of the car by the same installer. The car just remains pristine with such ease even after a two bucket wash.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
My detailer installed Sunteck to the car. He paint corrected, Cquartz, and wrapped the front bumper, headlights, hood, mirrors, side sills, calipers, stock wheels, and project6gs. Car looks terrific now! cost was about $3,600.

TechnicalLimitation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350. H3562
I had a local installer do a Suntek full front on mine and then CQuartz over the entire car afterwards. I'd definitely recommend having a pro do it, unless you have endless patience and want to attempt it yourself.
This is exactly what I'm considering doing, but debating how useful having the CQuartz ceramic is on top of the suntek. Does it still make sense? I suppose in terms of keeping the vehicle clean (read: easier to clean), then it might. Just not sure what this is like in practice/experience.

Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You don't have to have the stripes done separately to prevent separation. Mine done with Suntek including full hood in one piece and perfect. Personally don't see any advantage of ceramic over areas covered with ppf.

PrISM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This is exactly what I'm considering doing, but debating how useful having the CQuartz ceramic is on top of the suntek. Does it still make sense? I suppose in terms of keeping the vehicle clean (read: easier to clean), then it might. Just not sure what this is like in practice/experience.
I think it's still worth it just as an added layer of protection to the paint. I don't think more is a bad thing on these cars to keep the paint looking as good as possible.

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
I had suntek with Xpel matte over the stripes. It looks fantastic, very happy with both films so far after about 6months. As other threads have said!I think the most important factor is the quality of the installation. Make sure you find someone who has a good reputation to do the work.
Sponsored