Paint Protection Film

markbehr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Worth it or not worth it? Any installer recommendations in MD?
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The film is only as good as the quality of the installer, any brand now a days from the reputable mfrs is good. suntek, xpel etc. my opinion is yes. I have it on every new vehicle I get. 170k on my 8 year old car, and the bumper looks as good as a typical mustang with 3-5k miles.

OP
OP
markbehr

markbehr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The film is only as good as the quality of the installer, any brand now a days from the reputable mfrs is good. suntek, xpel etc. my opinion is yes. I have it on every new vehicle I get. 170k on my 8 year old car, and the bumper looks as good as a typical mustang with 3-5k miles.
Thanks for your reply. I guess I'm also worried about after about a few years and it needs to be changed will it peel the paint and if it yellows over time

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I won't repeat like 20 paragraphs I just typed af ew days ago so I will link you. read this, all films now a days dont yellow, thats a thing of the past. my old 8 year film isnt yellowed at all, and the tech is far superior now.

in the end, theres 3 methods of thought.

1. protect the paint before its damaged, spent $ upfront, but you have perfect paint entire time
2. let car get beat up, and just repaint it when you decide its enough, but you have to deal with crappy paint entire time til its repainted.
3. leave car as is, let it get beat up, but save $ from repaint and PPF.

PPF/repaint id say around same cost. but I wouldn't want repaint if I could avoid it. years of fading etc... new paint won't 100% match. so id rather just protect what I got.

read my and other post here
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/protective-film-or-no-protective-film.149341/

I will say this, people who think its not worth the money, are those who generally have never had it. Those who did spend $ once, and have had it, well we generally swear by it, and continue to get it on future vehicles.

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2013 V6 Mustang Convertible, 2020 GT Convertible CS
Worth it or not worth it? Any installer recommendations in MD?
Just got mine done at Buff and Beyond in Pennsauken NJ. Nick is the owner and wrapper. Did a fantastic job.

Avoid Seven Wraps. Because I asked if Paint correction was built into their pricing (it isn't), from that point on I got attitude from them and when I dropped the car off for wrap, I get a call that they found.a buff line in my hood and can't get it out. I go pick up the car, get it home, took a MF towel and a quick detailer and the line came right out. I think they even put it there. I reached back out to them, and to this day have yet to hear back. Really treated me like I was a disease. That's how I ended up finding Buff and Beyond. Fantastic people there.

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
If you're in VA I highly recommend Detail Authority, I've had multiple cars done by them and they do an excellent job. They only use XPEL and fully warranty their work.

I'm taking my 2020 GT500 there soon (they are fairly booked). I just sold my 2019 Z06 to buy the GT500 and had them do most of the car, even the panels and the work was amazing.
Sponsored