Sponsored

PAID OFF! Celebration!

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
The trick is to act like you still have a car payment and instead throw that chunk each month in a savings account or some investment. That's how you really get ahead.
That’s the plan. House has been paid off for several years
Sponsored

71Rcode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 6-speed base
That's exactly what I'm talking about man! That is an awesome feeling isn't it!!??

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats I hope to pay my loan off in spring right before mine comes out of storage

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I just started my payoff journey, but it took me 43 years on this planet to get my dream car, so I don't care! Smile every time I start it.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just paid off my 17 today. Feels really good! I dragged out the loan though at 1.85%. $7.85 each payment in interest. Regardless, one less payment to make.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Just paid off my 17 today. Feels really good! I dragged out the loan though at 1.85%. $7.85 each payment in interest. Regardless, one less payment to make.
ok so now you're ready to trade it in for a gen-3 motored 2021 performance pack Gt right...lol

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
ok so now you're ready to trade it in for a gen-3 motored 2021 performance pack Gt right...lol
Hah. I was considering the Mach 1 but I don't feel like paying $60k right now for one. Instead, I'm installing a single turbo on the 17 GT.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I just sent in the last payment (BIG CHECK!) to pay it off in 2 yrs vs the 4 I took out. I'll retire next month so want as few monthly bills as possible. 3 yrs left on the house at 2.99% so no hurry to pay that off. Gonna be great in 4-5 weeks when I get it out of winter storage and know its all mine, mine, mine!!!

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Congrats guys!

I paid off my properties last month, making me 100% debt free. Now for that GT500.....even though I have to say I like the somewhat weird feeling of being free and clear. Sort of like not wearing pants on a Zoom meeting....or underwear.

Last edited:
OP
OP
IPOGT

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I just sent in the last payment (BIG CHECK!) to pay it off in 2 yrs vs the 4 I took out. I'll retire next month so want as few monthly bills as possible. 3 yrs left on the house at 2.99% so no hurry to pay that off. Gonna be great in 4-5 weeks when I get it out of winter storage and know its all mine, mine, mine!!!
I don’t
It’s really nice to be able to hold one of these beautiful cars as secondary vehicles. Anyone who would eventually end up owning my car would be thrilled and I’m glad to keep it that way. Damn, I do miss a manual at times though.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
Everyone's situation is different, for sure.

I could write a check this afternoon from my IRA and pay off my Mustang. But since I ordered it (dealer selection was no good), got it at invoice with 0% from Ford, I am in no hurry.

I'd rather get free money from Ford and let my IRA earn interest.

But I do look forward to paying it off. My 2004 Acura TL had been paid off for 12 years when I got the Mustang, so I know that is a great feeling.

I have no aversions to buying used. Bought used Expedition from Hertz that was absolutely bulletproof. I mean flawlessly reliable.

Also bought a used 2007 530ix Touring that was gorgeous inside and out. Found a great independent BMW mechanic. But every six months, it was $2K for something. Always different. Left my beloved stranded twice. It was after that I learned the lesson: "Never own a German vehicle out of warranty."

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Congrats and good work guys and gals. Just got mine last year so still a while to go yet. I do enjoy seeing the farthest left number go down though!
Sponsored