samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
From my house its about 35-40 mins. up the hill to Newcombs we had about 20 cars last time with the Mustang source club. Let me know if you all wanna do a ride up the hill.
Will do! Appreciate the hospitality.
Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Thanks for all info! Sounds like there a lot different options. Can't wait for the trip. Looks like we might make the run from San Fran and head north.

Looking mid to late May for the trip. Will post more once it's planned. Hopefully in the next coulle of weeks.

North or South from San Francisco you literally can not go wrong. If heading North, two leisurely days up the coast with plenty of sightseeing stops followed by two days heading back thru wine country would be fabulous if that’s your thing. Napa valley in May can’t be beat. Plenty of twisties can be found either way.

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! Not a wine aficionado, more of a Miller Lite guy, and wife is Absolute or Goose. But I can appreciate a good rose' or merlot.

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
If you wish to come north and love beer then there are craft breweries here in the North Bay; Russian River Brewery and it's world renowned Pliny the Younger comes to mind. CA 116 from Napa up to Jenner is twisty and very scenic. Along the way you could find literally dozens of wineries. From Jenner you could take CA 1 to SF. Also very twisty.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Nice suggestions by all. My admonition is this: No matter where you go, seeing the sights will gobble up more time than you anticipate. And you won't be alone on the road. Four days ain't gonna get it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Nice suggestions by all. My admonition is this: No matter where you go, seeing the sights will gobble up more time than you anticipate. And you won't be alone on the road. Four days ain't gonna get it.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to stretch it much more than that. We skipped a big trip for our 25th a couple of years ago because our youngest son was still in college (we still a couple of semesters to pay for). Then we skipped our 26th as we were paying off or oldest son's wedding (don't get me started on the tradition of the brides's family paying, or the bride's family for that matter). We are trying to get a trip to a nice private beach where cell phones, grandchildren, children, and parents cannot reach us. We spend most every weekend bouncing between her folks, my folks, and the grand-kids.

Oh well, whatta ya gonna do?

Thanks to everyone who has commented here. Hopefully we can make this trip happen this May.

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)

RBINCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 10r80 GT, 07 GT500 Vert
Do yourself a favor and spend more time...

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Neptune's Net in Malibu if you are a fast and the furious fan. There is usually car/bike gatherings there on the weekends, anyway.
Sponsored