Sponsored

P2282 Pulling my hair out

• Thread starter Deleted member
  • Start date
  • Watchers 6

Deleted member

So I'm going crazy over here, I've been chasing a code p2282(Air leak between Intake valves and throttle body). Car specs in sig, I've checked all the connections to the intake manifold, made sure that all my catch can connections are good. I cant find a single leak. No loss of power or boost and i cant tell a difference in the way the cars driving its all been normal.

I eventually said screw it and bought a replacement intake manifold and gaskets as they're cheap and i wanted peace of mind. Still throwing the code...

I really dont know what else it could be, anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I had that for a while, and it took me a while to track it down too. IIRC, I think it went away after I loosened the throttle body then retorqued it, extra careful to keep it even, just a little bit more torque each time on each of the 4 bolts in X pattern sequence, probably went around half a dozen times on each of the 4 bolts in the same order every time.

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
You need to pressurize the system with an air compressor to check for leaks. There are Youtube videos you can watch on how to do it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I don’t know if the below will help, but this is all I have to add for a P2282:

66BB4E1A-9D0F-42B0-8C9F-A834B24E9DBD.jpeg

HG3 CHECK FOR LEAKS

• Check for disconnected, damaged or restricted vacuum lines between the engine and any vacuum operated components.
  • Check for disconnected, damaged or restricted intake air system lines between the engine and any intake air system components.
  • Check for disconnected, damaged or restricted positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system lines between the engine and any PCV components.
  • Visually inspect for a damaged or pinched PCV hose o-ring seal.
  • Visually inspect for a correctly installed oil level indicator or a damaged oil level indicator o-ring seal.
  • Check for a correctly installed oil cap.
  • Check for air leaks between the throttle body and intake valves.
  • Visually inspect the intake throttle plate for sticking or binding.
  • Verify the correct PCV valve part number.

kboyer1616

Amani
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm going crazy over here, I've been chasing a code p2282(Air leak between Intake valves and throttle body). Car specs in sig, I've checked all the connections to the intake manifold, made sure that all my catch can connections are good. I cant find a single leak. No loss of power or boost and i cant tell a difference in the way the cars driving its all been normal.

I eventually said screw it and bought a replacement intake manifold and gaskets as they're cheap and i wanted peace of mind. Still throwing the code...

I have the same issuse it comes on every 80 miles or more if you find out let me know thanks.

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning

Smoke test time

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I had that for a while, and it took me a while to track it down too. IIRC, I think it went away after I loosened the throttle body then retorqued it, extra careful to keep it even, just a little bit more torque each time on each of the 4 bolts in X pattern sequence, probably went around half a dozen times on each of the 4 bolts in the same order every time.

I agree with the throttle body mentioned in the above post. As a possibility for being the bad actor.

p2282(Air leak between Intake valves and throttle body).
Sponsored