AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Anyone suggest draining the blower oil yet?
This is just wrong.

I have a 4.75 pulley that came that way as a kit I ordered from beefcake, I was under the impression that the 4.75 pulley was for 8 to 9 lbs, it seems like it might only be on 6lbs or so if the 4.5 is for 9psi, I also have headers with free flowing exhaust which I understand drop boost 1 or 2 psi due to drop in back pressure.
If your that low on boost on a 4.75 you have a Vacuum Leak somewhere, i suspect by the Race Valve somewhere if its not making noise. 4.75 is 9psi on 18+ and 10psi on 15-17, unless we are talking about altitude. That changes the selections. That small difference isn't going to cause the valve to be quieter.
Sponsored

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
I already inspected the couplers they look fine, I have to remove the bumper anyways so I'll probably go over everything for leaks. I might just buy a boost gauge to see what it reads, last I put one on it read 5 psi because a coupler came off, once I fixed it it has felt the same ever since, pulls decent for a pump gas car with gearing that goes to 130+ in 3rd gear thanks to the d4 trans

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
I already inspected the couplers they look fine, I have to remove the bumper anyways so I'll probably go over everything for leaks. I might just buy a boost gauge to see what it reads, last I put one on it read 5 psi because a coupler came off, once I fixed it it has felt the same ever since, pulls decent for a pump gas car with gearing that goes to 130+ in 3rd gear thanks to the d4 trans
Getting your actual boost is definitely your next step; confirm where it's actually at and the next step can better be determined.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium

Check the actual vac to the valve and vac block, those are the most overlooked and pretty easy to have an issue with.
Sponsored