Sponsored

P1x stg 2 seems really quiet....

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Ok so long story short I have a 19gt mt with procharger stg 2 on stock boost (8 or 9 psi 4.75 pulley I believe) p1x and helical gears, big red bov, I know I ordered the helical gear set so it would be quieter but I can hardly hear the bov at all, I owned a 15gt mt and a 17 gt mt with a disc stg 2 with big red bov and I loved the sounds that thing made, whooshing all the time get on the gas a little then hear whoosh as the air flies out of the bypass, I know it's ricer to say I love hearing those sounds but do people with the 18 and up have the same thing? By bypass valve can be seen from the grill but I barley hear any blow off sound at all compared to my old setup. I know they are different years but the experience in sound is not even close to what my old set up was. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
The 15-17 cars had an 8.125" lower pulley and a 4.88 upper. The 18+ uses a 7.65" lower and a 4.75 upper. They had to account for the extra rpm's that the gen 3 twists to, effectively spinning the blower less that your previous setup for a given rpm. They did relocate the BOV to the intercooler area but it's most likely just the fact that it has a bit less pressure behind the diaphragm on average. Time to pulley down! :party:

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
The 15-17 cars had an 8.125" lower pulley and a 4.88 upper. The 18+ uses a 7.65" lower and a 4.75 upper. They had to account for the extra rpm's that the gen 3 twists to, effectively spinning the blower less that your previous setup for a given rpm. They did relocate the BOV to the intercooler area but it's most likely just the fact that it has a bit less pressure behind the diaphragm on average. Time to pulley down! :party:
Yes I would like to do that just want to wait till I can swing a fuel system, just not in the budget at the moment

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you put a filter right on the supercharger it will be louder

D68D244F-EEF2-48F6-8121-C0A5598F61AD.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
It won't make the bov louder, I can sent my p1x in for a non helical exchange but I was referring to in general when I downshift coming to a stop or when under load then shifting it almost like I don't have the big red valve I hardly hear in in comparison to my 15 and 17 gt, not a big deal but it had me wondering why that's the case. I believe the blower is spinning way slower than the 15 car as pointed out by someone else. I guess it's that. I tried running no filter it didn't seem to change anything noticeable for me.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
It won't make the bov louder, I can sent my p1x in for a non helical exchange but I was referring to in general when I downshift coming to a stop or when under load then shifting it almost like I don't have the big red valve I hardly hear in in comparison to my 15 and 17 gt, not a big deal but it had me wondering why that's the case. I believe the blower is spinning way slower than the 15 car as pointed out by someone else. I guess it's that. I tried running no filter it didn't seem to change anything noticeable for me.
Time for More boost

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Ok so long story short I have a 19gt mt with procharger stg 2 on stock boost (8 or 9 psi 4.75 pulley I believe) p1x and helical gears, big red bov, I know I ordered the helical gear set so it would be quieter but I can hardly hear the bov at all, I owned a 15gt mt and a 17 gt mt with a disc stg 2 with big red bov and I loved the sounds that thing made, whooshing all the time get on the gas a little then hear whoosh as the air flies out of the bypass, I know it's ricer to say I love hearing those sounds but do people with the 18 and up have the same thing? By bypass valve can be seen from the grill but I barley hear any blow off sound at all compared to my old setup. I know they are different years but the experience in sound is not even close to what my old set up was. Thoughts?
8-9 PSI is not a lot of pressure for the big valve. Once you get to 12+ PSI you will hear it more.

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
8-9 PSI is not a lot of pressure for the big valve. Once you get to 12+ PSI you will hear it more.
I see you're running the p1x at 15psi, do you have a boost gauge? What boost were you with the 4.25? Did you have the same experience where it was quieter on low boost and now it's a different animal? I imagine there is a pretty big difference between 9 and 15 psi. I need a fuel system and injectors, was thinking of running 100 octane pump for a couple months before I make the switch to e85.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I see you're running the p1x at 15psi, do you have a boost gauge? What boost were you with the 4.25? Did you have the same experience where it was quieter on low boost and now it's a different animal? I imagine there is a pretty big difference between 9 and 15 psi. I need a fuel system and injectors, was thinking of running 100 octane pump for a couple months before I make the switch to e85.
Procharger sent a 4.38" pulley for 12PSI, but we tuned with a 4.5" pulley for 10PSI. Switched to a 4.25" for about 13-14#. Then to 4" pulley for about 15#. I do have a MAK Hurricane 2 inlet which adds another 1# or so. No boost gauge currently on my car. Looking to change the vacuum gauge to boost with Forscan soon.

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Anyone suggest draining the blower oil yet?

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
I have a 4.75 pulley that came that way as a kit I ordered from beefcake, I was under the impression that the 4.75 pulley was for 8 to 9 lbs, it seems like it might only be on 6lbs or so if the 4.5 is for 9psi, I also have headers with free flowing exhaust which I understand drop boost 1 or 2 psi due to drop in back pressure.

OP
OP

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Anyone suggest draining the blower oil yet?
I change mine every other oil change which is in total 4k miles, procharger says change oil every 6k miles I like to do mine a little early for cheap insurance, have to call procharger I'm all out of oil

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I change mine every other oil change which is in total 4k miles, procharger says change oil every 6k miles I like to do mine a little early for cheap insurance, have to call procharger I'm all out of oil
I'm meaning if you want the blower to be louder :)

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I have a 4.75 pulley that came that way as a kit I ordered from beefcake, I was under the impression that the 4.75 pulley was for 8 to 9 lbs, it seems like it might only be on 6lbs or so if the 4.5 is for 9psi, I also have headers with free flowing exhaust which I understand drop boost 1 or 2 psi due to drop in back pressure.
Headers will lower boost pressure because of less restriction. Add the MAK Hurricane and you will get 1-1.5# more boost because more airflow into the blower.
Sponsored