ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
A final update for anyone interested.
I got my car back from the dealer this past Monday.
They replaced the headgasket under my CPO warranty. A $100 deductible was all it cost me. They warrant this repair for two years with unlimited mileage.
They had the car for 33 days after waiting approximately 6 weeks for an appointment with the service department. It was approximately 6 days after drop off before I was told of the test results and Ford approval for the repair. Most of the rest of the time was spent waiting on a back ordered oil screen.
I "feel" like they did a competent job. They checked that the head and block were within spec and replaced all the specified parts. I'd like to think they cleaned the valves but I'd be kinda surprised if they did. Maybe I'll pull a plug and run a borescope down to look to satisfy my curiosity.
At this point I've put about 200 miles on it. As you would expect all of the symptoms are gone and the car is running well. My butt dyno seems to think it has a bit more power. My brain says probably not, it's just because I've been driving my Edge for the last month...
Right now I'm satisfied with the repair but a bit disappointed in the communication during the process and the car obviously sat outside quite a bit and was unwashed when I picked it up. Oh well...

Thanks for the help and support through this.
Sponsored

elkwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Elkwood
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
A final update for anyone interested.
I got my car back from the dealer this past Monday.
They replaced the headgasket under my CPO warranty. A $100 deductible was all it cost me. They warrant this repair for two years with unlimited mileage.
They had the car for 33 days after waiting approximately 6 weeks for an appointment with the service department. It was approximately 6 days after drop off before I was told of the test results and Ford approval for the repair. Most of the rest of the time was spent waiting on a back ordered oil screen.
I "feel" like they did a competent job. They checked that the head and block were within spec and replaced all the specified parts. I'd like to think they cleaned the valves but I'd be kinda surprised if they did. Maybe I'll pull a plug and run a borescope down to look to satisfy my curiosity.
At this point I've put about 200 miles on it. As you would expect all of the symptoms are gone and the car is running well. My butt dyno seems to think it has a bit more power. My brain says probably not, it's just because I've been driving my Edge for the last month...
Right now I'm satisfied with the repair but a bit disappointed in the communication during the process and the car obviously sat outside quite a bit and was unwashed when I picked it up. Oh well...

Thanks for the help and support through this.
Tks for the update!! Got my fingers crossed it holds together !!!!!