Sponsored

P0234: Turbocharger Overboost Condition

rizwan10aslam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Black
After a few days of driving on the Stage 1 Cobb Tune I decided to run the Stage 0 tune which is a copy of the factory tune. The car runs fine but the JLT intake hasnt been responding well. When I get on the gas and let go around 4000 rpm the intake makes a weird sound as if it isnt able to close up properly. The intake flutters like 3 or 4 times before it closes up. Last night the car threw the code P0234 which i read on the Cobb Accessport to be a Turbocharger overboost condition. The car did throw the P04db code last week but i didnt think much of it as i read that it was normal with a Mishimoto catch can but I am worried about the P0234 code.
Sponsored

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Why do people use OTS tunes?

....since you have an AP send some money to Adam Tune+ with some datalogs and get a real tune.....:thumbsup:

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
The intake doesn't have any moving parts. Sounds like you're describing compressor surge

If you're running the stock BOV make sure the power is plugged in because I haven't seen anyone get surge on stock tune

OP
OP
rizwan10aslam

rizwan10aslam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am planning on having it tuned by Adam within this month. However I have had this issue show up a few times even before running the OTS tune on the stock tune.

OP
OP
rizwan10aslam

rizwan10aslam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The intake doesn't have any moving parts. Sounds like you're describing compressor surge If you're running the stock BOV make sure the power is plugged in because I haven't seen anyone get surge on stock tune
The bypass valve does seem to be plugged in.

Sponsored

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I don't have a EB or know much about them but, if the MAF is a different size than stock on the JLT i'm pretty sure it will work like shit on the stock tune. whatever tune you use will need to account for the JLT

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
I don't have a EB or know much about them but, if the MAF is a different size than stock on the JLT i'm pretty sure it will work like shit on the stock tune. whatever tune you use will need to account for the JLT
intakes shouldn't cause any issues for us. our air is measured past the intercooler...only intake air temperature is measured at the intake.

OP
OP
rizwan10aslam

rizwan10aslam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop

Sponsored

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
If overboost condition was observed, your throttle body closes to protect the engine and the value can be set differently per tune. Check to see if the tune was the problem.. I guess the easiest way to tell is uploading different OTS tune to see if that solves problem or pay for Etune since u already have more than half the cost paid for a custom tune with your purchase of AP

OP
OP
rizwan10aslam

rizwan10aslam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You guys think this could be causing the issue with the intake and the check engine sign?

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
nah, that's just tape. Some says its the connection at the intake port for that line that's not very sealed and causes the cel to come on and off

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
For the P04DB, check the valve cover vent line. It's the one running from the passenger side of the valve cover to the intake tubing. Sometimes you'll think it's seated when it really isn't and it'll cause the light.

In regards to the overboost CEL, check to make sure the connection for the bypass valve (BPV) is fully connected. The factory units are fully electronic and won't operate at all unless plugged in. Otherwise, try reflashing the tune and reinstalling the intake.

There's nothing special about these cars that should cause an overboost condition by simply swapping on an aftermarket intake. Something had to have happened during the install process or tune flashing.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Overboost CEL is because you are overboosting on the factory tune (Stage 0). If you switch to the stage 1 you shouldn't have this problem, and the P04DB code is common with an intake, catch cans, or any issue with the passenger side vent line. Under that tape, that doesn't look factory, if there are any cracks or leaks it will throw this code. I would also make sure you have the hose connected to the intake 100%. I like to take the entire passenger side line off the car, plug it 100% onto the intake then install it on the car.
Sponsored