OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Do you use the BM over ceramic coatings? Is it more slick/hydrophobic than ceramic coating?
I put it on mine after I used Gyeon Pure and it make it a lot slicky and gave it more shine.
To me the Pure left a deep candy look but didn't feel slick.

Just not sure if I need to let the Pure " cure" on my sons car before applying bead maker
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I put it on mine after I used Gyeon Pure and it make it a lot slicky and gave it more shine.
To me the Pure left a deep candy look but didn't feel slick.

Just not sure if I need to let the Pure " cure" on my sons car before applying bead maker
I would wait a few hours for sure. Beadmaker is a polymer based sealant and not Si02, but I would think a few hours (maybe overnight) would be sufficient. I applied to my ceramic on my Mustang the following weekend though (7 days) after I went out for a spin and did a quick wash.

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I have the car until Friday so will wait at least 24 hours. Have to see if I can send a before and after later tonight

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I have the car until Friday so will wait at least 24 hours. Have to see if I can send a before and after later tonight
Didn’t get a good before but love gyeon pure on blue and red cars.
Paint was in decent shape so did a very quick paint correction and applied it.

will add bead maker after 24 hours, I think gyeon said keep it out of the elements for 12 hours.

IMG_1532.jpeg

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Stuff lasts like a few weeks and in my experience I didn't like that it seemed to attract dust, not sure if that's a common sentiment. It's not a bad product but overhyped imo.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
My son has a blue 2021 Accord Sport he is bringing by and taking my mustang. Going to do a mild paint correction and apply Gyeon Pure. Love how it made my Red Mustang look so should also make that Blue look deep also.

How long after applying the Pure do I need to wait before applying the bead maker for the slickness?

He has to park outside so the coating will help for sure.
Gyeon recommend applying Cure immediately after the base layer product (Pure EVO for you) has been applied...................

"For the first couple of weeks following application, ceramic coatings exhibit an insignificant tendency to develop hard water stain deposits. Using Q²M Cure Redefined immediately after the base SiO2 coating application will help eliminate that risk entirely. It gives the paint a vivid shine, restoring the “just after coating” appearance."

Q²M CURE REDEFINED - GYEON

When I use Gyeon coatings, I apply Cure about an hour or so after the coating went down.

Considering you are using Bead Maker for this role, I would wait a few hours at least.......................as long as the car is parked indoors and not going to get wet. The coating needs 12 hours before being driven or getting wet. Then 14 days before being washed with a detergent.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Do you use the BM over ceramic coatings? Is it more slick/hydrophobic than ceramic coating?
All of the below is a general observation, not universal...............................

Yes, it can be layered over ceramic coatings.

Yes, Bead Maker is slicker than most ceramic coatings. Most single layer coatings lack that slickness you would be accustomed to with traditional waxes and sealants. That's why some companies have an additional topcoat such as Gtechniq EXO or Carpro Gliss. Or apply a topper like Bead Maker.

No, despite the name, Bead Maker is certainly not known for supreme water beading or hydrophobics.

I had someone remark to me that as the longevity of the product increases, the level of slickness decreases. You will also begin to notice that ceramic coatings have a different look to them, a starker/glassier level of gloss, whereas a wax or polymer sealant will provide that warmer, deeper level of gloss enhancement.

There are of course exceptions. Gtechniq CSL is known to slicker than most, likewise Gyeon Mohs EVO. Gyeon Pure EVO delivers a warmer gloss tone.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Stuff lasts like a few weeks and in my experience I didn't like that it seemed to attract dust, not sure if that's a common sentiment. It's not a bad product but overhyped imo.
Like anything, there are positive and negative aspects to Bead Maker.

On the plus side, its extremely glossy and exceptionally slick. It's also relatively easy to work with.

On the negative side, it does have a tendency to hold onto dust (it doesn't attract dust, rather the static it creates tends to make it stay on the car). It doesn't last very long, or have the nest hydrophobic qualities.

As for whether its hyped, I guess that depends on what you want out of a product. If you are chasing longevity and water beading, it's probably not for you. If you want gloss and slickness, very, very few products approach Bead Maker in achieving that "just waxed" look via a simply spray and wipe application. I didn't want to fall into the hype of Bead Maker either, but once I tried it, I was like, ok now I get it.

Sponsored

glene

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Vehicle(s)
2023 mustang gt
Great info above, after using coatings for 10 years or so, and all sorts of polymer sprays, the only thing I try to do when new products come along is keep it in the same family. I use polymers for years, then went to the light coatings such as gyeon cancoat, so therefore now I use a sio2 product to top it. Currently, I’m using elixir, which is a combination of carpro ECH2O, and reload. I find it gives me great durability and very acceptable gloss. Being garaged with no terrible weather, I’m getting 3 to 4 months out of a single simple topper spray every 4th rinseless wash.

I picked up some Cerakote ceramic spray the other day, I’ll give that a try and see what results I get, I have used their trim coat with great success

IMG_1626.jpeg

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I have a question for the expert.. <smile>

What is the difference between Reload and Gliss? CarPro doesn't really answer the question with their product write ups.
Reload is a Si02 ceramic spray sealant, Gliss is a resin-delivered ceramic coating like Quartz UK. Both are considered "toppers", but obviously applied in a different way, but they can also act as a standalone.

Reload is considered 3-month durability and applied in a spray and wipe manner after the coating has been applied, or on a periodic basis. It protects the base layer coating from water spotting during the initial cure period, boosts slickness and extends the overall durability of the coating.
Get CarPro ReLoad Spray Sealant | Waxit – Waxit Car Care

Gliss is a hydrophobic topcoat to a base layer ceramic coating. It can last up to 12 months and was primarily designed to address the lack of ultimate slickness and hydrophobic behavior from their coatings. "It features a new innovative long chain polymer structure that allows for that extreme slick result."
Get CarPro Gliss Ceramic Coating | Waxit – Waxit Car Care

It's the same concept as applying Gtechniq CSL, then topping with Gtechniq EXO v5. The thing is, it turns the process into a two-layer coating. I personally would just use the basic coating, then apply a chosen topper as needed.

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Gyeon recommend applying Cure immediately after the base layer product (Pure EVO for you) has been applied...................

"For the first couple of weeks following application, ceramic coatings exhibit an insignificant tendency to develop hard water stain deposits. Using Q²M Cure Redefined immediately after the base SiO2 coating application will help eliminate that risk entirely. It gives the paint a vivid shine, restoring the “just after coating” appearance."

Q²M CURE REDEFINED - GYEON

When I use Gyeon coatings, I apply Cure about an hour or so after the coating went down.

Considering you are using Bead Maker for this role, I would wait a few hours at least.......................as long as the car is parked indoors and not going to get wet. The coating needs 12 hours before being driven or getting wet. Then 14 days before being washed with a detergent.
Yea I left it in the garage over night.
Thanks!

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Glen, did you used to be on the Corvette Stingray forum?

Great info above, after using coatings for 10 years or so, and all sorts of polymer sprays, the only thing I try to do when new products come along is keep it in the same family. I use polymers for years, then went to the light coatings such as gyeon cancoat, so therefore now I use a sio2 product to top it. Currently, I’m using elixir, which is a combination of carpro ECH2O, and reload. I find it gives me great durability and very acceptable gloss. Being garaged with no terrible weather, I’m getting 3 to 4 months out of a single simple topper spray every 4th rinseless wash.

I picked up some Cerakote ceramic spray the other day, I’ll give that a try and see what results I get, I have used their trim coat with great success

IMG_1626.jpeg

glene

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Vehicle(s)
2023 mustang gt
yup, and the camaro forum…..

looking back, I never should’ve sold the C7, what a wonderful car. So then I went through a few Camaros with v6 engines, a few company cars, but I always yearned for V8. This 5.0 came along at Carmax with perfect specs, so I picked it up. Couldn’t be happier.
Sponsored

Last edited: