Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
I take you on a tour of Ozarks International Raceway, often referred to as the most technical track in North America as well as the Nurburgring of the U.S.! This 3.97 mile track has 19 turns, 1200' elevation change and is full of blind hills and turns. It is lined with unforgiving barriers and walls. This track is not for the faint of heart. Use this video to learn this unforgiving track prior to your track day! The video starts with a satellite overview and then goes in-car for a slow lap around the track with descriptions and maps. I discuss and show wet as well as dry track conditions. It finishes with a faster lap recorded on an external camera to give maximum view of the track!

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Thanks for that review. I see guardrails everywhere! Yikes.

I understand WSC moved their recent event to NOLA due to safety concerns with this track.
I hope they start to move those barriers back 100’s of feet and create some runoff room like COTA and others.

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
Great video. I had no idea that track was that long and that technical. Great to see it at slow speed.

Looked really tricky when you were driving at speed with the wet patches. Thanks.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Thanks guys!

Yes, this track is challenging… it’s long and technical. It’s easy to lose track where you are with all the blind hills/turns. The next video will show running the track at speed.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Why can't we get a racing sim with this track? At least hill climbs like Pike's Peak or that other one in PA.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Why can't we get a racing sim with this track? At least hill climbs like Pike's Peak or that other one in PA.
Maybe because the track is new.

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
Okay, this was really good. Nice lines. You were super smooth and especially on a wet track. Very nice.

From what I can tell that curbing can really be used when it's dry out and I'd love your thoughts on that. I'll be out there the end of July and was going to track my Boss 302 as it's setup with slicks, racing pads and harnesses. My friends want me to take the GT500 - they don't get a vote.

If you have a video session from when it's dry out I'd love to see it. Thanks so much!

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Okay, this was really good. Nice lines. You were super smooth and especially on a wet track. Very nice.

From what I can tell that curbing can really be used when it's dry out and I'd love your thoughts on that. I'll be out there the end of July and was going to track my Boss 302 as it's setup with slicks, racing pads and harnesses. My friends want me to take the GT500 - they don't get a vote.

If you have a video session from when it's dry out I'd love to see it. Thanks so much!
I was running the same day as Goose. The curbing is NOT painted, but colored concrete. Yes, it is meant to be used for sure. I track 5-6 times per year, so not that much. This track was AWESOME. We ran five sessions, with the morning in the wet. That was fine because I was not 100% comfortable until session four on what was coming up next. Four miles and 19 turns with this level of elevation change it is very easy to lose your place. There is a section called the Roller Coaster with two up and downs basically in a straight line. So much fun....

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned

Thank you sir! I am currently editing the action video… driving the track at speed. As Doug mentioned, we started the day in the wet and it dried out as we went. This track is crazy AND awesome! I’ll be there again next spring for ShelbyFest 2023!
I was running the same day as Goose. The curbing is NOT painted, but colored concrete. Yes, it is meant to be used for sure. I track 5-6 times per year, so not that much. This track was AWESOME. We ran five sessions, with the morning in the wet. That was fine because I was not 100% comfortable until session four on what was coming up next. Four miles and 19 turns with this level of elevation change it is very easy to lose your place. There is a section called the Roller Coaster with two up and downs basically in a straight line. So much fun....
Well said! Just when you start feeling confident knowing the track, you come up on a blind turn thinking you are elsewhere along the track. It takes quite awhile to get this track down pat!

Bronze_Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2022 Mustang GT
I take you on a tour of Ozarks International Raceway, often referred to as the most technical track in North America as well as the Nurburgring of the U.S.! This 3.97 mile track has 19 turns, 1200' elevation change and is full of blind hills and turns. It is lined with unforgiving barriers and walls. This track is not for the faint of heart. Use this video to learn this unforgiving track prior to your track day! The video starts with a satellite overview and then goes in-car for a slow lap around the track with descriptions and maps. I discuss and show wet as well as dry track conditions. It finishes with a faster lap recorded on an external camera to give maximum view of the track!

Great video!
Probably the lamest question you'll be asked, but what phone mount are you using? Looks like the perfect setup.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)