Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 MT-82, 2019 5.0 10R80
C884F580-8337-47C8-A44E-065A10835B33.jpeg

85AA232D-D458-445D-B0CC-19A9BC5901CB.jpeg

I recently got back into another mustang after 5 years (I had a 15 6spd). I bought this car off a local member here (rangerryda) and Iā€™m glad to continue the progress of this car. Just slapped on some spacers and took some pics. Itā€™s great to participate on the forum again instead of sitting on the sideline šŸ˜€

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
One of these days I'm going to hit an apex, and everybody is going to be like whoaaaaa

CVR_7625_Feb2121_232PM_CaliPhoto.jpg

but until then, I'll just continue to wildly drive all over the place and intimidate everybody else in TT to terrible lap times.

Mustang_-ODV_7106.jpg

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
One of these days I'm going to hit an apex, and everybody is going to be like whoaaaaa

CVR_7625_Feb2121_232PM_CaliPhoto.jpg

but until then, I'll just continue to wildly drive all over the place and intimidate everybody else in TT to terrible lap times.

Mustang_-ODV_7106.jpg
where about in San Diego are you? Im dying to get to the track.

Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
where about in San Diego are you? Im dying to get to the track.
15+78 - It's a long stretch for us when compared to our LA brethren, ~2 hours to Auto Club Speedway (Fontana/Ontario), ~3 hours to Chuckwalla (Desert Center/Indio), ~3 hours to Willow Springs (Rosamond/Palmdale) and ~5 hours to Buttonwillow (Bakersfield).

I'm on the track ~5-8 times a month, so tag along or whatnot if you'd like. Mar 13+14 at Auto Club Speedway with Speed Ventures to instruct and test/tune, and then again March 20+21 with NASA in TT1/TT2. The s550 Mustang is almost perfect for that track with the gearing, power, and handling to punish just about everything, supercars included.

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
15+78 - It's a long stretch for us when compared to our LA brethren, ~2 hours to Auto Club Speedway (Fontana/Ontario), ~3 hours to Chuckwalla (Desert Center/Indio), ~3 hours to Willow Springs (Rosamond/Palmdale) and ~5 hours to Buttonwillow (Bakersfield).

I'm on the track ~5-8 times a month, so tag along or whatnot if you'd like. Mar 13+14 at Auto Club Speedway with Speed Ventures to instruct and test/tune, and then again March 20+21 with NASA in TT1/TT2. The s550 Mustang is almost perfect for that track with the gearing, power, and handling to punish just about everything, supercars included.
5-8 times??? Impressive. Is there a lot of E85 stations on the way up? I take it you trailer your car to the track. How have boosted mustangs faired on the track? I believe I have the setup that will compete nicely for a street car. I'm willing to make the trip.

I'm down near the border

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
5-8 times??? Impressive. Is there a lot of E85 stations on the way up? I take it you trailer your car to the track. How have boosted mustangs faired on the track? I believe I have the setup that will compete nicely for a street car. I'm willing to make the trip.

I'm down near the border
Yeah, I keep thinking I'm going to win something, so like an idiot, I keep throwing cash and parts at it, and making the effort to show up. I could have filled my place to the ceiling with 37 cent trophies, but noooooooo, just had to do it the expensive way.

Yeah, I trailer up because I'm no longer street legal, and at about 4mpg, I'd have to stop what feels like very 30 minutes. We're fortunate to have Pearson (and Propel) in SoCal who from all of my testers is pretty high quality and consistently at 86-88%, whereas in other states you hear about people having mixing and quality issues where it's much closer or below e50, which is dangerous as most e85 race tunes assume/require at worst e75. They have a nice app that you can get on your phone, and keep an eye out every so often to see prices around you, every so often they'll do $0.99/g, and vary from like $1.99-$2.65 in North County. There's a Chevron 2 blocks north of ACS that has pretty good quality stuff, and I usually fill up my 4x 5.5/g VP Racing jugs on the way to/from dinner as most tracks have a station within 30-45min, and the App is super helpful.

I see some blown cars on the track, but they tend to be in slightly slower groups for some combination of less race prepped or more of a novice driver, but every so often go up against a 1LE ZL1 which is factory sup'd. They have plenty of cooling systems on that thing and look to have no problem putting it down for 20 mins, and I've seen a few GT500's out as well. Best times are now, because come May - August or so, it'll be 105+ at all the tracks, and while a 140 IAT is bad enough for me, man, gotta be 2x worse for you.

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Yeah, I keep thinking I'm going to win something, so like an idiot, I keep throwing cash and parts at it, and making the effort to show up. I could have filled my place to the ceiling with 37 cent trophies, but noooooooo, just had to do it the expensive way.

Yeah, I trailer up because I'm no longer street legal, and at about 4mpg, I'd have to stop what feels like very 30 minutes. We're fortunate to have Pearson (and Propel) in SoCal who from all of my testers is pretty high quality and consistently at 86-88%, whereas in other states you hear about people having mixing and quality issues where it's much closer or below e50, which is dangerous as most e85 race tunes assume/require at worst e75. They have a nice app that you can get on your phone, and keep an eye out every so often to see prices around you, every so often they'll do $0.99/g, and vary from like $1.99-$2.65 in North County. There's a Chevron 2 blocks north of ACS that has pretty good quality stuff, and I usually fill up my 4x 5.5/g VP Racing jugs on the way to/from dinner as most tracks have a station within 30-45min, and the App is super helpful.

I see some blown cars on the track, but they tend to be in slightly slower groups for some combination of less race prepped or more of a novice driver, but every so often go up against a 1LE ZL1 which is factory sup'd. They have plenty of cooling systems on that thing and look to have no problem putting it down for 20 mins, and I've seen a few GT500's out as well. Best times are now, because come May - August or so, it'll be 105+ at all the tracks, and while a 140 IAT is bad enough for me, man, gotta be 2x worse for you.
Nice! Iā€™ve seen a couple E85 apps, but they seem out of date. Iā€™ve seen multiple E85 stations that do not appear on the app, which is frustrating.

Im looking at cooling mods for my car now. Trans, diff, and oil. You got any suggestions on brands?