Sponsored

Owners that started GT350 then upgraded to GT350R...

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
With less than 2 months of ownership I’m tempted by the GT350R.

those of you that did the move:

1. Why?
2. Do you regret it?
3. Any friction with the wife?
Sponsored

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R

1. Why?
2. Do you regret it?
1. it's a rare piece with not that many produced. A select club to be sure.
2. Hell no ........ wicked fun to drive.
3. Does any practical wife see logic in any hot rod? .......... LOL

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Just translate it into Disney when you talk to her... "You know how even though they were both lions in the same family, Scar could never come to terms being happy while Mufasa was king?..."

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
yeah you're done. it's over. no turnin' back now my friend. and let me help you on your way. 2 of the best deals in the country right now...

https://www.markporterford.com/new-...350r&saveFacetState=true&lastFacetInteracted=
Was looking at a similar 2019 in Oklahoma that was $67K discounted. I expressed interest and told them I would call them in the AM. Within an hour the listing was gone from their website and CarGurus. Called them this AM and they assured me the car was still for sale must be problems with the web feed. I said no problem I captured a screenshot last nite. Told him the sale price, ughhh let me check with my manager and call you back. Called back oh that was a mistake the discount given was supposed to be the markup but my manager would sell it to you at MSRP since you caught the mistake. I said no thanks find another sucker.

Crooked dealer in case anyone else is looking - https://www.joecooperfordedmond.com/

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
@lightrules - Thanks for the tip at Mark Porter Ford I've just had too many black cars in my life. Can't deal with the effort to keep them looking perfect, or maybe I'm just too lazy.

Hamster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Almost did the other day. Loved everything about the PB R except for the seats. I am old and gotta have the wider, ac, electric seats.

Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Made the swap a few weeks ago, 2016 to 2019. Have about 850 miles and went on vacation with my GT500. Will be driving new GT350R this weekend to show her some love
20190917_123052[1].jpg

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Gonna be on watch for a local 2019 deal as the 2020 models hit the lots I think the dealers will be more reasonable. At this point most in my area still think they can get ADM, stock is more than plentiful for 2019 models considering the low production numbers.

Besides who am I kidding the GT350 is still beyond my driving capabilities.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
@svassh

I live in Central Fl and had to go to Georgia to find mine, I wanted another Red car and there was only 1 in the state of Fl. The dealer in Ocala had an 8K ADM on it and would not come off it. I tried for 3 weeks and gave up. Found a dealer south of Atlanta (Courtesy Ford) and he sold the R at MSRP.

For some reason, some of these clowns still think they can do ADM. I guess some people are still paying it.

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R

1. Why?
2. Do you regret it?
Why? Because I wanted a GT350R.
I realized that I really enjoyed my GT350 ownership and knew that it was a keeper, so I traded up to a GT350R. I only committed the the trade because I received a trade number that I was happy with with and a purchase price that I was also happy with. The color and option combo was exactly what I wanted. I wasn't willing to settle for good enough.

Do I regret it?
Absolutely not. I was worried about the added costs before taking delivery of the new GT350R, but I haven't looked back once.

Any friction with my wife?
My wife was with me when I made the trade. My advice to you is to always keep an open and honest dialogue with your significant other. Be real to yourself if the added cost will put any financial stress onto your family. If not, it shouldn't be an issue.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
At the time I was looking, about exactly a year ago, the local dealership had 2 GT350's and one R on the show room. LB/black stripe 350, a Race Red/black stripe 350, and an all Black R. I was offered $3k off any one of the 350's or the R for exactly $100 below MSRP. I went home and slept on it. I was considering the LB 350. I really liked the all black R and was picturing dark tint but I was unsure of owning another black car. Especially in TX in the summer. Woke up and and said the R was a no brainer and I will get it paint corrected and ceramic sealed and care for it. Never looked back. I get tons of "dude your car is so badass" comments on it. Everybody loves the blackout look. Between the ceramic coating and replacing the Brembos with Powerstops, it's no hassle to clean her up at all.
Sponsored