Sponsored

Owners kit typo? (Updated, Fp got it right)

VladDracule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Happy I finally got it after just about 4 months. Looks like a typo on my certificate :( Any other 22 owners get yours, can you confirm it yours is the same showing a 21 model year?
Appreciate it!

F09154F0-F82C-46E1-B5D8-1851AD63E886.jpeg

What does this come in? I couldnt find a certificate like that in my car today

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
What does this come in? I couldnt find a certificate like that in my car today
The certificate and Owner's kit will not arrive with the car; it is mailed, months later, to the address they have on record for you. To me, it will be one of those things you forget about, but are later surprised, appreciate and keep.

Looking forward to the typo and any other unique and one-off mistakes.

Earlier I was trying to think of something I'd like to see in an owner's kit: a scale replica model of an M1, painted in the car's factory Ford color, on a plaque with the VIN, build date, etc. It could be made in 'Merica and use recycled materials. Even if a paid option, I'm sure many would select it.

Last edited:

VladDracule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
The certificate and Owner's kit will not arrive with the car; it is mailed, months later, to the address they have on record for you. To me, it will be one of those things you forget about, but are later surprised, appreciate and keep.

Looking forward to the typo and any other unique and one-off mistakes.

Earlier I was trying to think of something I'd like to see in an owner's kit: a scale replica model of an M1, painted in the car's factory Ford color, on a plaque with the VIN, build date, etc. It could be made in 'Merica and use recycled materials. Even if a paid option, I'm sure many would select it.
Maybe i wont get it then? I didnt order my car through ford, someone else did and didnt take delivery and i bought it off the lot

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Maybe i wont get it then? I didnt order my car through ford, someone else did and didnt take delivery and i bought it off the lot
Got the car very recently, yes? If so, we're talking months to go and you know the VIN. Maybe the dealer can re-direct? Definitely worth a call or stop-by to see. Maybe call Ford Performance.

Actually, thinking further, Ford now shows you as the owner of that VIN. Bought the car new from the dealer, yes? Who ordered the car should not affect the Owner's Kit. You might not have to do anything, but check with the dealer. Things might just be fine.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I didn't even think they were doing a 22 kit...the website that covers these only shows 21 for Mach 1...it has a listing for 22 GT500 kits and the brochures and pictures were changed. I did think it was odd they made the standard picture the blue one and not the FJG which was the unique color for the car.

JAGMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Any recent news on this? I took delivery of my car in March and still don't have the owners kit.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Me neither, April delivery……..

VladDracule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
I called for performance and they said my purchase hadnt been reported yet, and me listed as the original owner to get my kit. But when I talked to the sales guy he said it has been, not sure what to do from there

Sponsored

JMach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jermey
Vehicle(s)
2023, F-150 STX, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2022 Mach 1
I received the corrected letter and diecast today!

20220816_171934.jpg
Sponsored