Sponsored

Vics Shelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500 2020 Ford Fusion 2011 Ford Focus
Nearing 2k miles on my 2021 and it’s been nothing short of fantastic. Easily one of the best cars I’ve ever had the pleasure of owning.
This car is awesome it easily excedes my expectations its awesome!
Sponsored

Vics Shelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
Im a car guy and a retired Ford Chicago Assembly plant retiree so I get the a-plan and have used it alot!

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
Can I be "NOSY" and ask what "THE A PLAN IS EXACTLY " ? Never heard that before.. How long you work for FOMOCO . Was it assembly line work ? Curious ..What is start to finish time frame to complete ,say a "MUSTANG " .. From Nothing to driving it out the back door .. Always wondered ,perhaps you may know the answer .. Thanks and "LOVE YOUR STANG MAN " !! Junqdawg

Sponsored

Vics Shelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
Yes I worked on the assembly line at Chicago Assembly Plant for 21 years I took the Buy Out in 2007 because of health issues. The a-plan is an employee purchase plan.I believe its about 2-3 days I worked in chassis on the motor line where the engines are built.

Vics Shelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
I am 59 years old
Can I be "NOSY" and ask what "THE A PLAN IS EXACTLY " ? Never heard that before.. How long you work for FOMOCO . Was it assembly line work ? Curious ..What is start to finish time frame to complete ,say a "MUSTANG " .. From Nothing to driving it out the back door .. Always wondered ,perhaps you may know the answer .. Thanks and "LOVE YOUR STANG MAN " !! Junqdawg
Yes I worked on the assembly line at Chicago Assembly Plant for 21 years I took the Buy Out in 2007 because of health issues. The a-plan is an employee purchase plan.I believe its about 2-3 days I worked in chassis on the motor line where the engines are built.

Vics Shelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
Yeah Im a retired Ford Chicago Assembly plant worker and get a-plan and I like new cars and traded often but when I got this new GT500 it stopped! Car is awesome!!!

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Yeah Im a retired Ford Chicago Assembly plant worker and get a-plan and I like new cars and traded often but when I got this new GT500 it stopped! Car is awesome!!!
We’re you able to buy your GT500 on the A-Plan?

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Sponsored

Vics Shelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
Yes thats exactly how I feel this GT500 is a gream car come true! Its awesome I have 965 miles on mine and its been a blast the car is awesome and I enjoy every mile!
Yeah I have 1,500 miles on my car now and its running way better than when I got it I changed the oil and added a JLT intake wow what a difference!

Vics Shelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
There not required to do so its volantery on their part! Not all Ford dealers can get a GT500 in so the ones that do generally charge a market adjustment.Because its a special car now some people are saying they didnt pay over list,that may or may not be true I would like to see the documentation on their list price transaction.Did they pay sales tax well then they paid about what I did!

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
There not required to do so its volantery on their part! Not all Ford dealers can get a GT500 in so the ones that do generally charge a market adjustment.Because its a special car now some people are saying they didnt pay over list,that may or may not be true I would like to see the documentation on their list price transaction.Did they pay sales tax well then they paid about what I did!
Yes, I agree. I hope to be able to order a 2022 at MSRP, but I am still waiting to see if I can get a call back from a dealer with an allocation.

Being from the Detroit area originally, I have several relatives who are retired Ford employees so I was wondering if I needed to hit one of them up about the A-Plan...

Vics Shelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
A-plan on a Shelby is going to be a tough deal because the dealer does not make that much money on that deal now if you paid list they make 5-thousand plus more.Its because they paid invoice for the car and Ford pays them the dealer holdback and the advertising fund money!
Sponsored